“Chocolate heaven”
Review of Pasteleria Mila

Pasteleria Mila
Ranked #8 of 20 Dessert in Cartagena
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ila is a sweet and loving idea born in 2006 when I opened my first pastry, bakery and cafe in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. Sought to create a place full of details and magic place to accompany the breads, desserts and recipes lovingly created, cooked and always dreamed of. Today, we are located in the walled city and soon will be in Bogota! I always wanted my site covering all tastes and times of my clients, that is why any time of day can come and antojarte what you want. The hope!
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We had an early lunch at Mila and found the food to be delicious.
The caldoso rice was smoth an tasty
But out great surprise was when we ordered dessert, the milo and nuts browny was to die for. Simply one of the best I've had in mi life!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

try to eat posta cartagenera for lunch! its a great traditional plate from the area!. the desserts are to die for! great place

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We all enjoyed our lunch. Local drinks were superb (limonade coc coco, te frappe).
Sopa de tortilla was the best I've ever had, quiche with salad also a hit.
Desserts are mostly French, just sorry that we are only in town for a week.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My Colombian friends recommended this mostly lunch spot. We ate here twice and were really disappointed. The prices are high (like most restaurants in Cartagena) and the food just average. I had two different sandwiches, one chicken and one pork, and both were mediocre. Service is spotty and the desserts are average as well.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went on a Sunday at noon to pick up a table at the next door Q Design store (unfortunately closed on Sundays) and noticed this bakery and sweet shop called Mila's which we entered without any predeterminations or recommendations about the quality of the eatery.

The motif is French and the art emphasis is on hens and roosters. Very french and reminded me of the pastry shops in the French Quarter of New Orleans (i.e. Café du Monde). The background music was 30's blues (Bessie Smith) giving the place a warm friendly ambience which reminded me of my childhood in NOLA. visiting places like this for ice cream and sweet cakes.
The tables and chairs are wooden and very close together making for rather limited space and movement between tables.

A limited wine selection also so we opted for water which was served in an overpriced small plastic bottle with Mila's name on the label (US$2.00). The waitresses were very friendly though the service was a little slow (about an hour from start to finish).

We ordered the tomato pomodor soup (US$7.00) (100% tomato) - Very good. and the stewed meat dish (Posta Cartagenera), also very tasty, came with a small salad - coconut rice but alas only one small patacon (fried plantain) (US$16). The sandwiches and wraps being served to nearby tables also looked inviting (on our list for our next visit) and the people had smiles on their faces as they ate them.

The after lunch drinks (one espresso coffee - one capuchino) were delicious and served with a little banana bread square and a small glass of spearment flavored water as a side) Nice touch!

Desert was, of course, a torched Creme Brûlée. While we didn't order any more pastries we were certainly aware of the large amount of these sweets being served to the other patrons nearby which can only mean they were very good (The pastries not the patrons).

All in all a definite visit for breakfast or lunch or even dinner even though the bakery is not set up for formal dining. A sweet tooth can become addicted to this place so be forewarned if you are a chocolate fan.