“Pretty average”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nicely located right next to the wall and close to Santo Domingo and offers great ambiance, unfortunately, food is nothing special. For entry, we asked for a lobster croquettes and they were oily and flat-tasted. Eggplant fettucini and fish (Mero) were good but not mind-blowing.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Plaza des Armas has a lovely location in a historic inner courtyard in Old Cartagena. The menu is primarily Italian, but,as we discovered, not just "typical" Italian - we enjoyed our best meal in Cartagena - thanks to the recommendations of our delightful waiter (who grew up in California!). My lobster ravioli was delicious and was accompanied by a "perfect" crisp Pinot Grigio. The prices were reasonable, especially for a tourist town. If you are looking for a sure bet in Cartagena, this is the place to go!

2  Thank shmacculloch
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had an excellent dinner the other night in Cartagena with Plaza de Armas. My wife had the lobster raviolis and I had the beef tenderloin with a dry sack mushroom sauce absoultely incredible. The service was great we dinned in their outdoor patio. If you are ever in Cartagena Colombia I def recommend this place.

Yours Truly
Paul

2  Thank Andres L
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very difficult to find good dining places in Cartagena, service usually bad everywhere we went. A taxi driver recommended Plaza de Armas located in the old city and we loved it. You can find a variety of international food, mainly italian, but still very international. I tried the lasagna and I adore it. I am a lasagna lover and this one was really good. Some of my friends order the seafood platter and it was also delicious. My girlfriend had the a fish in a white wine sauce absolutely amazing. Very very good food. I highly recommended.
The outdoor plaza very romantic. A must go.

2  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is one of the best restaurant I have ever been. I am from Miami, and we have a huge variety of excellent restaurants here, but Plaza the Armas is one of the best you can find in Cartagena. The food is amazing, I had the grilled seafood and it was amazing. The service is great, Diego the sommelier can advise you of the best wines. The ambience is spectacular. It is a mix between modern contemporary and colonial. The live music is great. Prices are reasonable. Greatly recommended.

3  Thank Heather W