“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
California Los Angeles
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had an excellent dinner the other night in Cartagena with Plaza de Armas. My wife had the lobster raviolis and I had the beef tenderloin with a dry sack mushroom sauce absoultely incredible. The service was great we dinned in their outdoor patio. If you are ever in Cartagena Colombia I def recommend this place.

Yours Truly
Paul

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Andres L

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Place To Try Out”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very difficult to find good dining places in Cartagena, service usually bad everywhere we went. A taxi driver recommended Plaza de Armas located in the old city and we loved it. You can find a variety of international food, mainly italian, but still very international. I tried the lasagna and I adore it. I am a lasagna lover and this one was really good. Some of my friends order the seafood platter and it was also delicious. My girlfriend had the a fish in a white wine sauce absolutely amazing. Very very good food. I highly recommended.
The outdoor plaza very romantic. A must go.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Jonathan P
Miami, Florida
“The best of the best”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is one of the best restaurant I have ever been. I am from Miami, and we have a huge variety of excellent restaurants here, but Plaza the Armas is one of the best you can find in Cartagena. The food is amazing, I had the grilled seafood and it was amazing. The service is great, Diego the sommelier can advise you of the best wines. The ambience is spectacular. It is a mix between modern contemporary and colonial. The live music is great. Prices are reasonable. Greatly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Heather W
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good Italian Restaurant in the old city”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

It is usually rather difficult to find a decent italian restaurant in Colombia. The Plaza de Armas in Cartagena is the welcome exception and I am always looking forward to have dinner there whenever I go to Cartagena.
The menu offers a nice variety of elegant italian meals and the Risotti are among the better ones I have tasted outside Italy and Europe.
The atmosphere is also very nice with a quiet courtyard and service is very friendly.
A must visit while in Cartagena.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Pascal P
“Excellent European type restaurant”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Excellent food, good service! Beautiful enviroment,,,just try no to go when they have a wedding or a party!! The service could be different..

2 Thank fineeater2010