Hotel Casa Gloria
NH Cartagena Urban Royal(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$155
$161
$177
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$116
$288
$213
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold citywalled citythe ac worked greatbeautiful hotelhot tubwalking distancemain levelsmall hotellocation was perfectbeautiful cartagenaclean roomsrooftop terracesmall poolquiet streetfelt very safesanta martathe ground floor
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My third visit to Cartagena.. each time time i like to check out different hotels......Casa Gloria is at the north end of the city close to Exito supermarket and land lots of street food vendors....it is also very quiet ,and not much street noise. inspite of the busy highway just up the street. Gloria is very approachable.... the staff were always willing to look after any requests that i had. i found Colombians to be very warm people everywhere i went..

Room Tip: I tried two rooms 4 and 2j prefer room 4
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Panchito45
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am form Bogota, Colombia and have been to Cartagena many many times, and me boyfirend and I decided to stay here for it was a good price and the lace looked nice on the pictures of their website.
When I get there, they give me a room that has two smell extractors by the bed, there are 6 glade scent candles plugged in and there are no windows at all. The guy removes the extractors and leaves. OMG it stinks like toilet! the room has no ventilation, no windows its like being inside a portable toilet!
I tried asking for another room , but there was only a 6 person aparmtent left that also smelled!
When I tried explaining that I we couldn't stay her because of the smell, they said that they had to charge us the no show cancellation fee for 2 nights of the three that we had booked.
Plus, they started yelling at me telling me who do you think you are, telling me that I was very rude and disrespectful when the manager even accepted that the room had a smel issue and then tells me that that is because of the humidity and that I will get that smell in every hotel in Cartagena.
When my boyfirend arrived he decided not to argue at all jbeacuse he woudl rather pay to just leave that place and make a better use of our time, so we went to an amazing hotel, Casa Cabanal just a little bit more expensive where they were really really nice and charged only half of the price for that first night.

Room Tip: Rooms stink like sewage!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank LauraJara
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights while I was on vacation in Cartagena. It is located in the center of the old walled city and is in walking distance to the beach, shops, restaurants and many other sites. The hotel is tucked down one of the side streets so you do not have to deal with a lot of traffic during the day or a lot of noise at night. I stayed in the Apartment #2 and it was very spacious and had a full kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby every night. The staff at the hotel are courteous and very very helpful! If it wasn't for Bella I would be lost still down a back alley. I am not the best at Spanish and she helped book trips as well as help point me in the right direction of great restaurants and other have to see places. If you are English speaking with little to no Spanish, this would be the place to go, Each morning they serve a fresh home cooked breakfast that is delicious, they had me up at 7am each morning with the aroma of fresh eggs cooking and coffee brewing. The hotel is centralized in a great location for tourism....but if you are like me and you are on vacation and just want to relax in a quietly by the pool, this is also a great place. They have a gorgeous pool in the courtyard as well as a hot tub on the roof with a beautiful view of the city. Take a bottle of wine to the roof at night with the nice views and gentle breeze....that to me is heaven! I would definitely stay there each time I go back!!! In conclusion, this nice, quaint bed in breakfast is worth the stay. It is very affordable and the customer service is through the roof!!! plus it is very safe and not crowded. I would recommend that you give them a try before staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: If you need the extra room, book one of the apartments! They are great! They are quite roomy and have a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We really enjoyed our time at Casa Gloria. Juliet, the receptionist, is just the more welcoming person we met during our trip.
She helped us with everything : she booked our boat cruise on Rosario Island, she booked our bus.. Thanks a lot Juliet!
The hotel is very well decorated and warm. Our room was nice, the pool is great and the most exciting is the terrace… with a Jacuzzi !
After the AMAZING breakfast you will had, feel free to get tan on this terrace… with a great view on Cartagena….
We would definitely recommend this hotel, we had a wonderful time there! Thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie V
Reviewed March 24, 2014

There is really nothing negative to say about this small and absolutely gorgeous hotel right in the center of the old town of Cartagena. There are many excellent restaurants in walking distance and one can see all the sights of the old town in Cartagena by just walking from the hotel. Casa Gloria is nicely furnished and I really loved the pool and even more the Jacuzzi on the roof from where you have a stunning view over the old town. I can honestly say Casa Gloria is from now on my favorite place to stay for any future trips to Cartagena because it offers everything one needs when on holidays: perfect location, beautiful hotel, tasty breakfast and on top of that more than friendly staff and management that make your stay as pleasant as possible. I really enjoyed my vacations and hopefully will be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends