“back again at la mulata and still very good for the center of cartagena old city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mulata

La Mulata
Ranked #24 of 660 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Soups, South American, Colombian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wels, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

always nice to be back at the la mulata - they have renovated the place now - got some new chairs and tables etc.
main area at entrance is air-conditioned - unlike some comments that there are only ceiling fans.
the service is still as fast as you can imagine in any first class restaurant - they are just well organised and trained.
friendliness hasn´t changed - there is always a smile for you.
the prices continue to be very competitive - hard to find anything like that in the walled city center - fresh fruit juices @ 1500 COP or 0,70 € (0,5l) try corozo or mango, fish is 22.000 COP or 9,5 € and lomo ancho 13.000 COP or 6 € all of the dished include the soup of the day!

i noticed more foreign tourists since my last visit - surely because of the good ratings of trip advisor.

can still strongly recommend the place - do not expect 4 star presentation of food!
be aware that it may be very crowded during main lunch time - go there around 13:30

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This restaurant is amazing the food was delicious , before place the order they gave me a bowl of the soup of the day, the have many specials every day , compare to other restaurants they give you more quality and quantity in here , prices are more than reasonable you will loved it , come by 12:39 for lunch after that get pack from front to back and by 1:00 pm you will see the line of people waiting at least when I went both days was the same.

• Visited September 2013
Wichita, KS
“First real sit down meal is a success!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We're usually pretty laid back about our restaurant selections...hardly is it ever fancy. However, I am so happy that we ate here. First, there were mostly locals....or maybe it was all locals. I noticed no other tourists. The service was super friendly and fast. There are two juices (tamarind and cranberry) of the day, and we chose both. I preferred the tamarind, which was not too sweet. I let my husband choose the two entrees, since it was seafood and I had no preference. We got a fish fillet and a seafood mix type dish. They have a very small daily menu, but everything that we ate was just delicious. I don't know if there was any dessert option, but we were pretty full. Value wise, we paid about $14usd pp with drinks. I paid about the same for a fancy sandwich in the Bocagrande area last night, so to get seafood for such a reasonable price blew my mind. If you come here, I'd def recommend the seafood, since the restaurant specializes in the coastal food of the region. Come eat where the locals eat and you will not regret it. One of the highlights of the trip.

Visited September 2013
“Delicious hearty lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Sat down and before they really said anything, a cup of fish soup timely appeared as the thunderstorm outside began rumbling.

Giant serving sizes, even by American standards. I had the chicken and sausage, and along with the pesto mozzarella topping, it melted in my mouth. My girlfriend had a huge plate of rice and shrimp.

The limonade and Coco limonada are not to be missed!

Overall the atmosphere was cool and the restaurant boasted a mix of hungry locals and tourist looking for a good deal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vienna, Georgia
“Awesome. Huge fish and great sides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very limited menu. Mainly whatever is the catch and fresh. Huge portions. Simply flavored, but very traditional Colombian fare. Great value and ambience with smiling and energetic staff.

Visited August 2013