“Beautiful Hotel”

Casablanca Belle & Boutique
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Staying at Casablanca was a fantastic experience. I rented out most of the rooms for a few days prior to my wedding in Bogota. We invited a large number of friends and family to Cartagena to start off the celebration. Casablanca was amazing with helping people set up reservations and tours of the city. They allowed us to host a cocktail party on their roof which was spectacular. There are a lot of beautiful hotels in Cartagena but the service at Casablanca really seperated them from all of the other hotels I have stayed with in Cartagena. And the ladies at the front desk always spoke English so they were very helpful.

I'm guessing this is covered extensively but the hotel itself is also incredible. Two pools, including one on the rooftop. The rooms are large with very good AC (an absolute must in Cartagena). The bathrooms are gorgeous. The rooftop bar was fantastic, if they didn't have what you wanted the bartenders would run out and get it.

I had no complaints and if the hotel is in your price range then neither will you. I would definitely recomend it over some of the bigger hotels in the old city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cddarragh

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Wow, when I booked my flight for Cartagena for 1st week of February I had no idea I was going to stay at this magical place. My suite was very stylish, the bathroom was just stunning with every detail thought of. Also it had a very nice rooftop where you could have them arrange a dinner for you or a massage. The entire B&B staff went out of their way to ensure my stay was perfect. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Due to architectural design all rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GreatOutdoorsFan
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I traveled to Cartagena from Miami Beach with my spouse and another couple. We booked on Hotel.com and compared to the other B&B's it was reasonable. The hotel is beautiful and very well kept.

When we arrived, hot and sticky, we were immediately offered a refreshing drink of lime and mint and lots of cold ice which was exactly what you need when you arrive at a hotel. The interior of the hotel is open and all the rooms face the courtyard. There is no view from the rooms other than the courtyard which didn't bother me as it was beautiful none the less.

The rooms are big with tall ceilings (we stayed on the 2nd floor). It is beautifully appointed with all-white furniture. Some of which are from IKEA. The IKEA furniture works well and unless you know the brand well, you could never tell as it is mixed in with Asian pieces and well accessorized to give it a feel of much more expensive furniture.

The front desk staff were friendly but could have been more professional. The room-staff however, were equal to what I have experienced at the Raffles in Singapore or The Peninsula in Hong Kong. Your luggage was brought to your room and placed in cupboards. On the eve prior to departure, our clothes were neatly folded and ready to be placed in our luggage. What a convenience!!!
If I could have changed anything, it would be to add a bath-tup as I am a bath-lover.

The breakfast was very tasty. I highly recommend the arepas. The Colombian coffee is delectable. Together with the fresh fruit platter which is complimentary, it is the perfect start to exploring Cartagena which is all at walking distance.

The food in Cartagena was a bit of a let-down. We had wonderful appetizers at Vera - which many claim to be the best Italian food in town, but when it was time for mains, I cannot express anything but utter disappointment. The pastas were bland - under seasoned and tasteless. The presentation was nothing to boast about either. To add insult to injury, the tab racked up to ca. 500 USD which it truly, truly wasn't worth.

In general, I was astounded by the price level of Cartagena. I don't think any of our dinners for 4 persons were less than 350$. Even the street-food was relatively pricy for a country where almost half its population lives below the poverty line.

When researching for the trip, we looked into several B&B's we really didn't want larger hotels like the Sofitel Santa Clara as it is just like any other big hotel with lots of American tourists lounging by the pool. We wanted something with felt like the real Cartagena with the charm and intimacy only a small establishment can provide.

Other contenders were the Tcherassi Hotel, LM and Hotel Aqua. I am convinced we got the best deal in with the Casablanca as I looked in the other hotels which didn't share the same serenity and beauty of the Casablanca.

I highly recommend staying at the Casablanca when you go to Cartagena. I really don't have anything negative to say about the place. And I'm picky.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 720degrees
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Stayed 3 nights here in july, and the hotel was excellent. We were lucky they weren't that busy and they upgraded us to a suite from the jr. suite. The rooms are modern/chic, with a very airy feeling, high ceilings, loads of indirect lighting, huge shower and comfortable beds. The front desk service was outstanding. We especially enjoyed the roof-top pool and deck, and the incredibly delicious, frosty lemondade with coconut drinks they served us pool side. They also have bikes available for free, which is a great way to get around quickly and see a lot, and we rode across to the fort outside of the old city. Highly recommended, would go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rm94114
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I traveled with 3 friends and we were thrilled to find Casablanca in our travels around Cartagena! We had not heard much about it from friends who had been to Cartagena or really on any travel boards - but what a hidden gem (for now)! Everyone at this posh place was tremendously friendly and helpful. Our rooms were meticulous in terms of details and cleanliness. A room like this in New York would go for at least $600 - we felt so lucky to have found this amazing gem in Cartagena and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed at Casa Blanca byb for 3 days during my honeymoon in Colombia. I booked this boutique hotel because the pictures on their website won me over and the reviews on tripadviso attested to the quality of this hotel.
I had no idea what to expect when we arrived, however, as soon as they opened the door, I knew our stay was going to be great. The house itself is a combination of Colonial and modern architecture. The staff is super friendly and helpful. While we were doing our check-in I couldn't help but to admire the beautiful furniture and the tranquility of the whole place. We were offered the most amazing and delicious limonada con yerbabuena (it was to die for)! and were escorted to our room. The room was absolutly beautiful and spacious. The bathroom had an outdoor shower, beautiful jacuzzi tub and all sorts of quality toilet treats. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept on during my travels.
Breakfast was included and their little dining room is just another one of the rooms where you are completly awed by the decor. Food was delicious and again, service was excellent.
We didn't have a chance to go in the pool or take advantage of the amenities on the roof top, but they were also beautiful. the view from the terrace is amazing and transports you to a different era.
All in all, this hotel was EXCELLENT and the walled city was absolutly magical!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We had a two-night, three-day stay at the Casablanca and it was fantastic. The staff were kind and helpful. They were at our service at any time and for anything. Our flight was at night and they let us stay in our room until the late afternoon, hours past the check-out time. This may have been because they didn't need the room, but it was still a thoughtful touch. I wish the pool had been a little bit bigger, but it was still an amazing stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple