All reviewsrooftop poolboutique hotelsan felipe fortbusy plazaplaza de la trinidadold townwalled citygreat neighborhoodenglish speakingwalking distance to everythingeach morningceiling fanmin walkair conditioningvisiting cartagenastayed here for nightsfresh fruit
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A lovely little Bed and Breakfast with personnel service hidden away from the eye. Small with only 5 rooms. Place is very clean and has excellant views of the city as well as the San Felipe Fort. Located in a nice area with the local sounds in the background.

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioners as well as ceilng fans, lovely soft decorations in all rooms with different themes. The room on the ground floor is smaller than the 2 above, but still has more than enough room to enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay at Casa Santa Ana with our baby. Karina made the process very easy from the time we decided to contact them about the rooms. Emails were respoded in a timely manner and all the questions were answered before we arrived.

Special requets were ready at the time of our arrival (crib, additional bed) and they had no problem moving things around the room as we asked.

The ladies who really pampered us: Iso, Gloria, Heidi and Estela treated us like the owners. Even watching the baby so we could enjoy our breakfast. :-)

Good: everything, but to name a few things: spa, Laura and Katrina's tips about things to do/ see in the city, roof top pool with view of the fort, bicycles, etc.

Bad: nothing

Neutral: a bit of noise from the street if you get the suite. Only from the first level (bed is on the second level)
it is about a 5min walk from the old town.

Overall, when we return to Cartagena, we will probably stay at Casa Santa Ana.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank JJnKT
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We loved staying at Hotel Casa Santa Ana. The room was beautiful and the hotel is very nice and stylishly decorated. The pool on the roof was awesome and a life saver in the heat. The service was impeccable, with someone waiting to assist you with a smile at all times. They even left us some little cakes and a pitcher of cold water in our room for our last night. We have read lots of reviews saying that the Getsemani neighborhood is not nice, but we personally preferred the Getsemani area to the overly touristy, very expensive san diego/walled city area. It felt way more authentic, especially hanging around the Trinidad church area in the evenings, where there was so much life and it really felt like we were getting a sense of the local life. Also, the food vendors in the Trinidad church area were awesome! The juice lady makes the best jugo de maricuya and the salchipapas were amazing. There are also two great restaurants on the other side of the church across from the hotel: Cafe Trinidad and Cafe di silvio or something like that, both very good! All in all, we loved staying at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenni P
Reviewed March 30, 2012

in Oct 2010, Suddenly my travel agency changed the Boutique hotel I´ve chosed for Cartagena. It was one of the best things to do! I regret having this as a solo trip, cause the place is definitely romantic, but the staff was so great in making me feel like a queen ( I had the luck of being the only one guess for two days) , so I get spoiled at the most! Breakfast great, chocolates in my bedroom, and decoration as fantastic as I could see. Located at Getsemani town, it gave me the oportunity to walk to arrive to Old Carthagena. Conveniently located a couple of blocks of the night life bar zone!..Very cozy place but I absolutely loved the service. No doubt when married, I have to return here!. Weather? absolutely delicious beach-like.

Room Tip: I´ve explored all rooms and couldn´t decide which one is better. There is a master suite for honemooners, but the one I choose was fantastic!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AdrianaPDiaz
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this great boutique hotel. The staff was terrific; so accomodating and gracious! I loved the interior courtyard where breakfast was served each morning. We stayed one night in the 2 story room at the front of the hotel, which I would not recommend because we heard a lot of noise from the street. This is a nice choice if you are looking for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple