All reviewsrooftop poolboutique hotelsan felipe fortbusy plazaplaza de la trinidadold townwalled citygreat neighborhoodenglish speakingwalking distance to everythingceiling fanmin walkair conditioningvisiting cartagenastayed here for nightscourtyardbackpackers
Reviewed March 30, 2012

in Oct 2010, Suddenly my travel agency changed the Boutique hotel I´ve chosed for Cartagena. It was one of the best things to do! I regret having this as a solo trip, cause the place is definitely romantic, but the staff was so great in making me feel like a queen ( I had the luck of being the only one guess for two days) , so I get spoiled at the most! Breakfast great, chocolates in my bedroom, and decoration as fantastic as I could see. Located at Getsemani town, it gave me the oportunity to walk to arrive to Old Carthagena. Conveniently located a couple of blocks of the night life bar zone!..Very cozy place but I absolutely loved the service. No doubt when married, I have to return here!. Weather? absolutely delicious beach-like.

Room Tip: I´ve explored all rooms and couldn´t decide which one is better. There is a master suite for honemooners, but the one I choose was fantastic!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AdrianaPDiaz
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this great boutique hotel. The staff was terrific; so accomodating and gracious! I loved the interior courtyard where breakfast was served each morning. We stayed one night in the 2 story room at the front of the hotel, which I would not recommend because we heard a lot of noise from the street. This is a nice choice if you are looking for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed with a friend at Casa Santa Ana for 4 nights in total. Had a fantastic time! Rooms are beautiful, the hotel was interior designed and built only recenlty, keeping the old flair but combining with modern boutiquestyle, service is fantastic and the owner one of the nicest people we met during our trip. Extremely helpful in helping us organize a rental car and various other hotel bookings. The location of the Casa is really convenient and also much more interesting than in the boring touristy old town. During hot days we frequently made use of the pool on the rooftop which is small but ideal to relax and refresh after a hot day. I would always come back if I come back to Cartagena. Definitely 5 star rating!

Room Tip: Best room in my opinion is second floor, junior suite, however all of them are great and over the course of the 4 days we saw all of them.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Casa Santa Ana has quite a number of attributes that lead me to recommend it strongly.

1. Location next to Plaza Trinidad. You're now half a block from the center of Getsemani social life. You can come home after dinner, relax and clean up, and then head back downstairs to relax outdoors in a beautiful square with real Cartagenans and long-term expats while the tourists and cruisers remain in El Centro. Enjoy a refreshing juice, possibly with a shot of rum, and authentic street food and watch three generations of life around you. The peaceful little party goes until at least midnight every night.

2. Rooftop swimming pool with beautiful views of the city and El Convento. There's only five rooms total and probably only one other couple staying there. Go ahead and lose the swimsuits.

3. A young, friendly staff will bend over backwards to fulfill your needs. Enjoy a good breakfast and fresh fruit before you go out for a walk or field trip. Don't step on the little turtles crawling around the lobby.

4. The rooms themselves are very comfortable and adequately spacious. I think we didn't have hot water in the shower one out of the five mornings.

The only potential negative about Casa Santa Ana is that it is in Getsemani, which is not convenient if you think everything interesting in Cartagena is in El Centro and you consider a ten minute walk objectionable. In that case you might want to find a place in El Centro, and never leave the comfort of the inner walls. If you're really intrepid I have just two words - Mercado Bazurto.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zzlangerhans
Reviewed January 9, 2012

A gorgeous sweet immaculate boutique hotel with only 5 rooms. If you like cute boutiques this is great. It would have had 5* rating if it was inside the old town Walls. The service was so good with little treats every day in our room and everyone so happy to help. There is a sweet roof top terrace and mini pool which we felt like we had private use of which was great as Cartagena lacks a good beach. We loved the hotel and the people here but it is not your big glamourously sofitel santa Clara substitute.

So the old town versus getsamani debate. The old town is definitely the glitz and glamour and where you are likely to spend the time but it is without doubt touristville. Getsamani is a lot less polished but retains some great colonial facades and has a real soul with music enveloping you. We loved it but if you are an upmarket traveller you may prefer the old town. That said it is a 5 min walk to the clock tower entrance to the old town and a 2 min cab that the hotel will arrange for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple