“You pay 4 the view”

Restaurante Club de Pesca
Ranked #48 of 694 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Open since 1956, the Club de Pesca restaurant is an icon of Cartagena and the best place to watch the sunset. It is possible to appreciate a view towards the modern and old Cartagena, as well as yachts and sailboats of the attached marina. They offer tables inside and outdoors. It has an extensive wine list to match its main protagonist: seafood. The only restaurant on the water where it can be accessed by land or sea. A classic inside the fort of La Colonia.
Boca Raton, Florida
“You pay 4 the view”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

You are paying a premium for the view, the ceviche was excellent , the main course was good but, too much butter was already on the lobster tails, my dessert was over the top. I'm. It sure i would return, unless its for drinks or just apps

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
“Memorable”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is one of those restaurants that is all about "location, location, location". The view is beautiful and that was during the day , I can imagine how it is at night.

The food was very good although it took a long time to serve, and there were only three other tables occupied in the area we sat in. The prices, well on the high side but considering that all the seafood we ate was really fresh it is understood.

Visited July 2013
Bogota, Colombia
“Nice taste, bad smell”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant, probably one of the top 5 in Cartagena, excellent service and the original taste of caribean and Colombian food. The only problem is that is located at the end of a very old waste channel and sometimes a very bad smell can be feelt. I don't know If the restaurant management is responsible to fix this but the true is that it could turn a nice experience in a disaster as was the farewell party of an international event that I made there.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mmaannuueell
“Total dissappointment!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

It was such a shame the whole thing. We booked a special table like 4 months in advance and the day before we got a call from a nice woman (I must say) of the restaurant who told us the table was not available anymore given some changes in the floor. Although we appreciated the call we didn't have time enough to pick another restaurant so we stick to the plan and went to Club de Pesca. We must see this like a warn though. It wasn't a good start and never got better. It turns my boyfriend had a big surprise coming: He asked me to be his wife in there. It was the perfect atmosphere, the background was pretty amazing, the waiter who offered us the wine was very nice too BUT then the waitress boss took over and it didn't work well. She was very bitter and it looks was desperate for us to leave the table followed by small shimprs and plain tasteless sea food, the lobster was awful.

Although we'll always have memories for this place, I will set a wall between my lovely boyfriend, his proposal, the amazing ring and the stunning sunset. And the one with the poor service, the flavorless food for a place we will never walk in again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bampina
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent on the water”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I attended a large business function at the restaurant. Food and service was fantastic. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013