“Serious fish on the beach.”
Review of Kiosco El Bony

Kiosco El Bony
Ranked #114 of 797 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Restaurante de comida de mar, su propietario ex- boxeador olimpico nativo de Bolivar, con su herencia del Boxeo lleno de historia ha ofrecido durante 43 años el mejor pescado frito, cazuela de marisco, jugos tropicales, cocteleria tropical, ceviches y cócteles de mariscos. Toda una tradición Cartagenera
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

El Bony is the best please I have found to eat fresh fish on the beach. The place has been there since 1979 for good reason. Do not expect a good looking place. It is frightfully simple. Come here to eat fish, and perhaps to meet a great boxer from the 70s. Sit inside if you want to feel a bit cooler, and avoid the perambulating salesmen.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

i had the roballo which is a sea bass. It was cocked to perfection and served with rice to stones and a small salad. The service was a little slow but worth the wait. The best food I've had in Cartagena. I have no idea how their are any complaints about the place

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to Kiosko El Bony on our first full day in Cartagena beacuse it was not so far from our hotel and we were looking for a beachy feeling. It delivered on all fronts! We went back a second time towards the end of our trip.

First - its not so cheap, so, I'd recommend splitting a big fish dish rather than each person getting their own. That would be about $15. Maybe its us, but we don't usually spend $15 per person on lunch in DC unless its for work or a special ocassion.

The first time we were there, I had a capirinha ($7) which was really really delicious. We each got a whole fried fish which was fresh and super delicious. You have to pull out the bones and the head yourself which I thought was a fun challenge. This was the kind of lunch I had hoped we would have when we visited the Playa Blanca (sadly, it wasn't). There were lots of shellfish options that we didnt try.

Its a kiosk, but it has set up tables and a real structure around it. Try to get a table by the sea for the best breeze. I highly recommend for a delicious, non fussy lunch.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I first visited this place back in 98. Every time I visit Cartagena I always return. The fish is always fresh and cooked to perfection, never overcooked, the cooks know their fire. They offer different sizes and you pay according to size so you know and get what you pay for. Service is on par with other area restaurants which means you typically have to ask for your second beverage when your first runs out. Best fish choice is the Mojarra, the caldo de pescado is also delicious. Don´t miss this one.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Did not stay to eat at the place. Took the meal to the small tent we rented.

Shrimp cocktail (20000 COP or 11 U$D aprox). Was good and tasty. It was the middle cup size, think it was 12 oz. A lot of shrimp, no space taken by lettuce or something else to cut costs. Ordered an octopus cocktail and got the shrimp, but still good.

And had 2 water bottles, cheaper than vendors at the beach. Overall 25000 COP.

Service and atmosphere average since we did not eat inside the place.