“Beautiful Casa Lola”

Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Cartagena
Finland
“Beautiful Casa Lola”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

This hotel is a hidden gem in Cartagena. The location of this hotel is excellent, just 5 min. walk from historic center. The hotel itself is beautiful decorated with nice and relaxing atmosphere.
The staff is great and very helpfull. The girls in reception speaks English which was great help for us, 'cause our Spanish is quite poor.
Rooms and ''Garden'' were beutiful and they served really good food. Best ''Empanadas''
which I got during my stay in Colombia.
I highly recommend this hotel to all people who wants to enjoy relaxing and trendy feeling.
Couple from Finland

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Finland
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed almost two weeks in this Beautiful Hotel Casa Lola. All the staff was very friendly and nice. The Girls in reception speaks English which helped us a lot because of our poor skills in Spanish. We got help to our stay in Rosario Island, trips and many more.
Hotel Atmosphere is very relaxing and hippy. The location for this hotel is Getsemani, which is only 5 min. walk from the historic center and as a neibourgh there is the best Latin club; Havana (only open during weekends).
I highly recommend this Hotel all the people who wants to spend the holiday in young hippy atmosphere.
- Couple from Finland

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Casa Lola was the first hotel we stayed at on our trip to Colombia and I couldn't have been more pleased with the accommodations. It really is as beautiful as the pictures. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to stay in the MoMA overnight, Casa Lola is your place.

The staff was very friendly and the building was impeccably clean and decorated. The only thing people should know before staying here is that while the neighborhood may look a little sketchy, it's really not any worse than a mildly dodgy neighborhood in a large US city.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank djeremy
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We went to Cartagena for a week, we moved from our Hostel to here... Was the best desicion!!! It`s an amzing place, Carlos the hostes it`s UNIQUE!!! The bedrooms were amazing,cleaned, beautiful! We left at 4 am and they were waiting with breakfast, they brought it to our room... It`s just the best in Cartagena... The area it`s not the most safe and beautiful but it`s like 4 blocks from the Ciudad Amurallada...!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank VidaSabatica
California
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Obviously, I can't argue with the other reviews on the design of this hotel. It is absolutely beautiful, and it's so amazingly laid out that I can see it ending up in design magazines. The pool at the top is great, too.

But there are a few things about this hotel that you should keep in mind if you are planning to stay here. Use them at your own discretion...
1. The hotel is within 5-7 minutes of the walled city, but it is IN NO WAY in the walled city. On the walk to and from the hotel, we were kissed at by prostitutes and offered drugs every night. We live in a large east coast city, so this didn't bother us, BUT if you're not used to this, I can see how it would be a little unnerving. We never felt unsafe, but it's not the prettiest walk to and from the walled city. Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't feel comfortable having my parents make this walk.

2. Luxury hotel and amazing bathrooms...BUT a complete lack of body products. The showers had a soap dispenser, like you would see in a public bathroom. It was so out of place, and kind of disappointing. But this isn't a make or break for us...#3 is...

3. The hotel is on a street with clubs. One night, the music was so loud that our bed was actually rumbling from midnight until 3am. We called down to the reception, and apparently we were not the only room hearing this music. In fact, everyone the next morning at breakfast looked a little droopy eyed!

Let's not forget that the point of a hotel is to provide a place to sleep. But the fact that the music was so loud one night from a club next door that no one could sleep means that the hotel really didn't serve its purpose. And it was hard to tour around in the 95 degree heat the next day.

I obviously cannot compare this noise level to any of the hotels in the walled city because this is only place I stayed in the city, but if I found out that any of the boutique hotels were quiet within the walled city, I would probably stay there instead.

Maybe come to this hotel for quick tour but stay somewhere a little more quiet?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2lambstraveler
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband, friend, and I spent a long weekend at Casa Lola and loved everything about the place. I chose it based on Trip Advisor reviews, and they didn't disappoint. From the moment we walked in the door and were wowed by the stunning decor to the welcoming (best in the world) Mojito enjoyed in the 'chill out area' or at the roof top pool, to the friendly, helpful faces of Alejandra, Carlos, and the rest of the staff, our stay at Casa Lola could not have been more stellar.

Though about a 10 min. walk outside the walled old city, Casa Lola itself is very security conscious. They have safes in the rooms, but my friend even left her laptop on her desk while we were out and nothing went missing.

The breakfast (included) is delicious and filling - scrambled eggs however you want them, fresh fruit cocktail, fresh juice, toast, jam, and of course, Colombian coffee.

We constantly pestered Alejandra for restaurant recommendations and all meals were fantastic - even the places we found on our own.

The staff always had a ready smile and was otherwise equally outstanding - the place is spotless without being sterile, and comfortable without being shabby. The images on the Casa Lola web site are highly representative of reality.

I would go back to Colombia just to stay at Casa Lola. I think this was the most relaxing vacation I've every had - largely due to the stellar digs & staff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Lola for our week in Cartagena during our trip to Colombia. I used Trip Advisor to help me find the place, and we weren't dissappointed at all. The staff was the highlight of our visit. They were extremely attentive and helpful whenever we asked for their help -- they setup a couple of tours for us; reservations to all the restaurants we wanted to visit (highly recommend 8-18 and La Vitrola for food!); brought us mojitos to the roof top pool... you name it, they were extremely helpful. Alejandra, one of the staff, set me up with this beautiful 25-rose arrangement for me to give to my girlfriend on the day of Love and Friendship in Colombia. My girlfriend was floored by how beautiful the flowers were! Carlos's mojitos lived up to the hype. Neither one of us wanted to leave!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple