“Great hotel”

Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in Cartagena
Miami, Florida
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We just came back from Cartagena and had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at the Hotel Delirio. There is absolutely nothing negative that we can say about this terrific place. The hotel itself is great, the location is incredibly excellent, and the staff / management are outstanding. We will definitely go back to Hotel Delirio when we return to Cartagena, which by the way, is a very beautiful city. We highly commend Maria Alejandra, Jose, Ms. Campo, Francisco, Zoraida, and all the other members of the team who contribute to make their guests have such a perfect stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacationJan2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I arrived at the hotel for with the expectation of having a great room and it did not turn out to be that way. The room was not ready for me when I arrived despite the fact I had informed the hotel the time I would arrive. Once I finally got into the room, there were a limited number of towels in the bathroom. For the rate I was paying I would have expected a better service.
The hotel’s front desk manager always seemed to be in a bad mood and there was one night they questioned a guest of mine that came into the hotel. That was completely out of line.
Decoration in my room was minimalist, something that did not go well. Also, the rooms were loud. You could hear everyone in the outside areas. I could not sleep.
Cartagena is a very hot city and this hotel does not have any pool. It is in an area of town that it is very hot and I was not informed about this until I arrived at the hotel.
I ended up going to the Hilton hotel in the Bocagrande area. This area is more modern and has quick access to the beaches.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JoePatWind
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed a week and the longer we stayed, the more we loved it. The Delirio is centrally located but in a safe area on a side street that is just far enough from the action that it isn't too loud. The hotel has been renovated so that the classic colonial styles are madeover with new materials and modern fixtures so it is very clean and nice. The staff is the best part. They make a great made-to order breakfast every morning and will help you with anything you need. We were also surprised with fresh flowers in our room one night (our anniversary) and a bottle of champagne another (new years eve).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I went with my fiancee to a friend's wedding in Cartagena and stayed for 5 nights. For different reasons I ended up staying at three different hotels, and I can tell you that by far the most memorable of them was Hotel Delirio.
There's the usual important things: location is perfect, rooms are comfortable, it's reasonably priced and perfectly clean. But it's the details that make i really special: the building's architecture is beautiful, freshly cut flowers decorate, breakfast is excellent, and the staff is very attentive. I talked to the (very nice) owner and figure it's her hands on the wheel that make it so special.
I would have to say my only criticism is regarding the Front Desk. Although they were nice, they twice failed to answer by email several questions I had before the trip (ie. can I do an early check-in?) and then failed to make a reservation in a restaurant "because it would probably be full" (I ran into the restaurant later and made the reservation myself).
All in all, very recommended, probably one of the best options in Cartagena and definitely better than some of the more expensive options.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia-USA
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Good hotel, fairly well appointed, friendly and helpful staff. Great location in old town. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
new orleans, la
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We recently visited Cartagena for our son's wedding. Our son and his bride reserved 13 of their 17 roooms for friends and family. The location was ideally located in Centro Historico, walking distance to everything.
The hotel was modern and very clean - the rain shower in the marble tiled bath was truly outstanding on a hot day. But the best part of the experience was the friendliness of the staff and the made to order breakfast. We travel frequently, and this hotel rates with the best.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank wesmadre
Copenhagen
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Delirio Hotel was just beautiful, a mix of modern and colonial styles. We stayed for 5 nights in July and we did not want to leave!
The hotel is a trendy boutique hotel located in the historic center of Cartagena, very close to Plaza Bolivar and surrounded by restaurants, cafe's & shops. The price included a delicious breakfast, we recommend the local dish "arepa con huevo".
We stayed on a beautiful room on the 5th floor with a spacious balcony with a great view of the cathedral, it was breathtaking and very romantic. The service was outstanding. Eva Maria, the manager, and Jose and Maria Alejandra, at the front desk, were very friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a great time and we would certainly come back and stay at Delirio again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LauridsR
evamariacampo, General Manager at Delirio Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review on Delirio! We are very happy knowing that you enjoyed so much our facilities, our food and especially our staff...! We agree that the fifth floor rooms are very romantic, so thank you for spreading out the news and let more honeymooners come and enjoy them!

We do hope to have the pleasure to have you back home and enjoy again an "arepa con huevo"!

All our best.