“Truly a great meal.”

Porton de San Sebastian
Ranked #14 of 698 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Truly a great meal.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This little restaurant is a gem in so many ways. The food is excellent, the ambiance charming and the owner makes you feel like you are dining a her home. I highly recommend the grilled calamari as an appetizer and the fish stew as the main course. It is a little pricey for Cartagena but well worth it.

• Visited October 2013

London
“Great little place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We are here for dinner and it was lovely. We had lovely fresh squid in garlic for starters and chicken and seafood pasta for mains. Lovely fresh cooking, nice atmosphere and polite service.

• Visited September 2013
Belfast, Maine
“Excellent food and family-run feel to the place”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We tried to go to La Molata and El Bistro and both were closed. It was raining and this place looked inviting and the patrons appeared to be Colombians, so we gave it a try. I had my standard South American dish of sea bass and it was delicious and a plentiful portion. My husband had the steak and chicken kebab (brochetta) and got TWO of them! He claims it's the best meal in over a week. Definitely worth visiting and the atmosphere is friendly. The waiter speaks excellent english. Another plus - one of their wine assortments was half price!!

Visited August 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Adorable and delicious”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Read some great reviews so we decided to swing by to check out the menu before committing to a spot for my birthday dinner. As it happened, one of the owners, Dubis, came out to talk to us and offered us a free 1/2 bottle of wine if we came back later. How could we turn that down? So glad we didn't! I'm still "learning" to eat fish but on her recommendation tried the grilled filete de robalo (seabass) with the herbs and it was beyond delicious. My husband had a chicken breast that was covered in cheese sauce (not sure what it was called). It looked a little heavy but he said it was good. Although not on the menu we got coconut rice as one of our sides and it was delicious as well. Since we got the wine for free, I didn't think the meal was pricey at all (especially compared to some of the other places we looked). The only issue was that the AC didn't seem to be working great so the fans were pumping on high gear but that seems to be pretty standard in Cartagena. This restaurant is lovely, feels upscale yet intimate and homey, and I highly recommend! (BTW, there are just 6 tables but we went at about 9pm on a Friday and didn't have any issues although I think it was full when we left). Just looking at the other things we get to rate below...I wouldn't necessarily call this a scenic view but it is on a busy street that has the carriages passing by so there is lots to watch.

• Visited August 2013
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews but this place is well worth it the food was outstanding I'm a Colombian native and I can tell the difference the staff was very helpfull and the food was amazing I had the fillet with sea food sauce and I will remember it forever, a little bit on the expensive side but again well worth it

• Visited August 2013