“Plato del dia only”

Porton de San Sebastian
Ranked #12 of 730 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to this small restaurant for the special lunch menu which is served only from noon to 1 PM. THe food was plentiful, the chef was personable, and the price, 15000 pesos, was reasonable. My beef was very dry and tough (and I found this to be routine in Colombia in general) but those who had fish were satisfied. Basically a lunch bargain. Don't know about dinner.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Popped in here on a sponteneous lunch having been tipped off by a friend who'd done a reccie of the town before hand.
Calle 2 santo domingo has several high-end restaurants and bars, and Porton blends in well, entering the house into a beautiful courtyard and entering the high-ceiling, well air-conditioned main dining room.
Pasta, fish and meat dishes, with an Italian slant featured on this good sized, well thought-out menu. My friends enjoyed the prawn pasta dish so much, they returned a couple of days later for a second helping. I had salmon teriyaki, which was moist, and packed full of flavour without being over-bearing.

Av $50 pp with bottle of wine.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We tried this restaurant after a recommendation from an acquaintance. Our experience was that the food was tasty but very, very oily. My fish filet was so drenched that I tasted oil for a while after dining here. The place is small- only six tables. The welcome and service was friendly. We just weren't wowed by the cuisine. Just average and probably overpriced for average.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant is small only about 6 tables or so but the service and food was great. We ate there a couple of times during our visit. The first time we tried the grilled platter for two. There was enough food for at least three people if not more and top quality. The second time there I tried a pasta dish which was also outstanding and again a very large portion. Enough for lunch the next day.

1  Thank Joyce R
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our tour guide suggested this restaurant for lunch and it was absolutely incredible! Also, we he told us they serve very inexpensive traditional Colombian lunch (fish, coconut rice, etc) between 12-2PM, which is very popular among locals. I ordered the "Lomo San Sebastian" and my boyfriend ordered the "Lomo A Caballo." Each dish was unique and very flavorful! The meat was seasoned well and cooked to perfection of our specifications. The portions are very large as well so sharing is always an option. The french fries were unlike any other homemade fries I've tasted and done to perfection. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, she is a very nice woman. Came to the table, introduced herself, asked about the food, and thanked us for our business. This is THE place to have a great meal while sightseeing or as a night out on the town. Very comfortable and versatile.