All reviews tpc golf course juan jose private beach club american express platinum great gym walled city minute drive old city amazing property kids club cool towels shuttle service pool view general manager concierge desk beach bar shuttle bus
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

From the time I checked into the hotel that Hamlet greeted until the time I checked out everything was wonderful. The restaurants food was delicious. All the staff was nice and the room was very clean. I will return.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Ashley F
StephaneM1776, General Manager at Conrad Cartagena by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear Ashley F,
Greetings from the whole team at the Conrad Cartagena.

Thanks you for this wonderful review!

Exactly that's most important our goal, making feel our guests the way you are describing in this post.

You can be sure we will tell Hamlet about your opinion for him to know the great job he is are doing.

We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Cartagena de Indias, the Heroic and Walled City.

Gerente General

Reviewed April 13, 2019

My family and I had a wonderful time at this nice, relatively new hotel. We were with our two little daughters, and it helped a lot that we were upgraded to one of their suites with it's own pool. The property is beautiful, expansive and airy with lush gardens. The pools are great, and there is more than one to choose from. The beach itself is a short walk away, with its own pool club. The beach is clean and well maintained, and it was a great option for all of us during the heat of the day. Go there in the evening for spectacular sunsets. The hotel shares a golf course with other properties, and a walk along its perimeter along the lush greenery and gardens in the mornings was very soothing and relaxing.

Our daughters also really liked the kids club; the staff there was very attentive, and helped the girls with arts and craft activities. There is a mini play area that our younger one loved.

The breakfast was hearty and tasty and there are a couple of restaurants onsite. The food is good, but I wouldn't say great or extraordinary.

The historic center of Cartagena is a good 25-30 minutes away, but the hotel provides comfortable to-and-fro shuttle buses at convenient times. A taxi back to the hotel is not that expensive.

The staff was very helpful, and overall, this is a great choice especially if you have children. Having the option of the beach, swimming pools, kids club and so much open space adds a lot of options and you can have the best of both worlds.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sandeep K
StephaneM1776, General Manager at Conrad Cartagena by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear Sandeep K,
Greetings from the whole team at the Conrad Cartagena.

Thank you for your excellent review!

We are extremely happy to read you had a wonderful vacation trip at the Conrad Cartagena, our promise is to offer a high quality service in order to ensure our guest and visitors satisfaction and you are a proof of that.

The best reward we can receive of our work is to know that we can create memorable experiences that will last forever in the memory of those who visit us.

Thank you again for your time and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Cartagena.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Fabulous property, relaxing environment, polite and professional staff. This was a spring break trip for my daughter and we had a blast. 3 other families participated and we all stayed at the Conrad. (14 people in all). The Hotel is about 10 miles from the Old Walled City of Cartagena. (about a 20-30 min commute) The Hotel offers convenient shuttle service throughout the day and evening and I would recommend taking advantage of the service. We will come back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank jeffcL1389XO
StephaneM1776, General Manager at Conrad Cartagena by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear jeffcL1389XO,
Greetings from the whole team at the Conrad Cartagena.

Thanks you so much for this exellent review!

Exactly that's our goal, that our guests get to feel the way you are describing it in this post.

You can be sure we will tell all our team members about your opinion for them to know the great job they are doing.

We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Cartagena de Indias, the Heroic City.

Gerente General

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

The Conrad Cartagena is a 5-star hotel with a private beach, just 20 minutes drive from Cartagena. It has a private 18-holes Golf course, 4 open air swimming pools, 3 conference rooms (for all kind of events), a fitness center, a beauty salon, a Spa, a bar and 2 restaurants.
I stayed there for 6 nights with my wife and we had the best time there. The room we had was very elegantly designed, and the breakfast was varied and rich,with fresh vegetables and fruits, hot dishes (scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc.), cereals, omelette, pancakes, waffles, jams, yogurt and great coffee. The staff was very attentive and helpful, especially Nestor (breakfast), Marcelo (fitness center), Ingmar and Jorge (pool bar).
We attended a family wedding and I had a last minute problem with my shirt (the collar was stained) an hour before the ceremony. I asked the laundry staff for their help and they managed to clean and iron it just on time, free of charge!! I was very surprised and thankful.
The pool was a lot of fun, with Cha Cha and Vallenato lessons, and the room service was quit good.
The overall experience was that I was in a tropical paradise, never wasting to leave. The only problem was the location, which is not so close to Cartagena. I needed to use a taxi to reach the city, which costs 10$ each direction. The hotel has only 2 shuttle services per day, one at midday an the othe at the evening. This is the only downside of the hotel. On the other side, if you're looking for a vacation which is in a peaceful and quiet location, the large distance from Cartagena is an upside.
To conclud, I strongly recommend this hotel and will be happy to return some day.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank GiladMasri1981

Dear GiladMasri1981,

Thank you for your breathtaking description of our hotel.

We are extremely happy to hear you had your best vacation at the Conrad Cartagena, our promise is to offer a hiah quality service in order to ensure our guest satisfaction and you are a proof of that. The best reward we can receive of our work is to know that we can create unique experiences that will last forever in the memory of those who visit us.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

So, here I am trying to document my thoughts on the Conrad Cartagena property by Hilton.

To start with, it is a beautiful property. Bright and clean and airy. The grounds are immaculate and the foliage is perfect. The room appears to be equally beautiful, though like much of this property, upon further inspection it is a veneer.

The underlying building appears to be hastily constructed with numerous flaws that become apparent as my week progressed. The trim is cheap and the door frame was rickety. The player is uneven and is already in need of repair. My shower had no soap dish tray or anywhere to put soap and shampoo. There was no rack the second bathroom.

Maid service is spotty, with replenishment of water, coffee, condiments, etc being a hit or miss affair, and I had to contact the desk several times with varying success. Otherwise, the service and staff were friendly and attentive.

The food isn't bad, better than some hotel food... but it's not spectacular. The one night that we visited the city the food was MUCH better.

Speaking of visiting the city, realize that you are 20-30 minutes outside of Cartagena, and there is nothing else near the property. This is a blessing (seclusion, privacy and safety from petty theft) a curse (it is quite difficult to get transportation into town on your schedule).

There are seven pools, but they are all adjacent (save one) so it feels like one pool. The exception is the wonderfully secluded "beach club" which, once we discovered it, is where e spent our days.

Evenings are ridiculously quiet and there is pretty much no entertainment so be prepared.

Also, the shops (I'm not a shopper) are overpriced (expected) abs rarely open (unexpected). It took me two days to find the shop open to buy sun screen, and then I couldn't charge it to my room. I have up on buying allow for my sunburn and just toughed it out.

Cartagena itself is a real gem with a distinctly island feel and happy people everywhere. Beware that there are pickpockets and remain vigilant. But otherwise, I never once felt unsafe.

All in all, I like this property... it has a lot going for it. But perfect, it is not.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank aybesea

Dear jeffcL1389XO,

Thank you for taking the time to create this review, we really appreciate your opinion about the hotel!

We are trully attentive to all our guests and visitors comments, that is why we thank you for your detailed message about our outlets, stores, pools, beach club and housekeeping service, we will check with our team members in order to improve these topics.

Again, thank you for your time and please let us know if there is any additional comment you may have.