“Nice hotel, but be very careful in Cali”

Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Cali
Homestead, Florida, United States
“Nice hotel, but be very careful in Cali”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went to Cali because I was invited by a friend I met in Miami. If you really, really, really have to go to Cali, I highly, highly , highly recommend an American (Gringo, I heard this reference so many times I lost count) owned hotel. Actually first on my list would be the Radisson, followed by the Sheraton, then by the Intercontinental ( which is british run group). All business type hotels, but when it comes to security these are the tops here in Cali. Security is lots compared to any run of the mill joint you see in Cali. I stayed here also because I got a good rate,There was a Summit going on at the time I was there so I really felt safe. I was picked up at the airport with no problems and my room was ready when I arrived at 6PM. The room was a standard one , like you would see in the US, I thought a bit more spacious. The only issues with the room was the bathroom, outdated, and the bed was on the hard side, I prefer a cushy soft mattress, but that's me. My main concern was safety since I had heard horror stories of people staying in out of the way hotels and deeply regreting it, ( stolen stuff, rip-offs when checking out, bad service.....). In the airport coming in I got into a conversation with a gentleman from Illinios that lives in Pereira, Colombia and he confrimed these stories.The hotel food was good, service I would say adequate, all in all I have no major complaints. This hotels locaton is excellent, and cabs are redilly available and cheap.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wigberto
Oscar G, Community Manager at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Wigberto

Thanks for taking the time to write here, I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hotel Four Points by Sheraton Cali. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

We hope to have you soon as a guest again, and we hope you can maybe change your thought about this city wich has so many good things.

Cordially,

Hotel Four Points by Sheraton Cali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The four points hotel was a very safe and clean hotel, in a city i was not sure about. The staff where very helpful and the food in the restaurant was very good and reasonable by Canadian standards. I was not a Spanish speaking guest and they were able to communicate with me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear pat w,

We read your review and we are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Hotel Four Points by Sheraton Cali.

We are sincerely waiting for you to have you as a guest again and to attend you with the best of our human talent.

Cordially

Somewhere
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is ok, the service is spectacular! Colombia is the problem, first of all Cali is as i write this the ninth most dangerous city in the world, but if you stay out of the bad places youll be fine, the biggest problem is the burocracy, specialy regarding money exchange and going through the airport, be ready to be asked for your documents alot! If you ask me for tourism going to Cali is pointless. If you have to go, the sheraton is great.

Room Tip: Try to get a room ending with 19
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oscar G, Community Manager at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Sotnam D.

We have read your review trought the internet page, TripAdvisor and we are really glad that you have taken the time to write a review abour your stay in Hotel Four Points by Sheraton Cali, it's always important to know how it was and how enjoyable was your time with us.
It's a shame that you have not enjoyed the city as well and we feel sorry about the issues you have in this, our country.

Hoping you get back, to get to know better Cali and for giving the pleasure of attend you with the best of us,

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is clean and well run. Staff is professional and the resturants serve fine food.Location is both central and safe, taxis are always handy. Rooftop pool gives great views of the city but closes fairly early. I did have one very big problem, I reserved a room with two beds and was switched to a room with only a single bed for no reason. I understood when I accepted the room that was all that was available but found out later rooms with two beds were indeed open. I will stay here again the next time I am in Cali but I will insist on getting what I reserved.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in just any room. Insist on getting what you want.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oscar G, Community Manager at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Chuck H.

We have received your comments about your stay trough the internet page, TripAdvisor. Trust me when I say it is very important for us that you have taken the time to write such a good review about beeing here with us. We take every word you wrote very seriously, so we can get better each time. Let me assure you, we will work to correct de issue you had on your stay. Hoping to have you back to attend you with all our good service and all the good things you love,

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 23, 2013

No surprises here. You get what you asked for.
Rooms are ennormous. Mine had a table with four chairs, a sink, a couch and so on. Since I was on a business trip, I did not use any of these things, but anyway. The room was very clean as well as the bathroom. You get the usual toilettries.
The staff at the front desk was friendly and service oriented.
I got the impression that the hotel is very well located. Within a few blocks there are a bunch of restaurants and bars.
The breakfast buffet was rather basic but ok.
In sum, I guess that I could stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The usual, ask for a room away from the elevators and the janitor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oscar G, Community Manager at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear sheldon_region4.

We have just received your comments about your stay trought the internet page, TripAdvisor.
We are really glad about the good things you mentioned in your review. It's alway a pleasure to have guests whot take the time to let us know what was like to be in the hotel with us.
Truste me when I'm speaking for the complete staff at the Four Points when I say we are expecting to have you as a guest again to attend you with all our good service and kindness.

Cordially.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very kind staff, always willing to help. Free shuttle to/from the airport at specific hours. Bedrooms are big and with good natural light. The breakfast is good although it lacks of vegetarian options. Restaurant can be slow.

Room Tip: I had the room in the corner and it was bigger than the other ones.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oscar G, Community Manager at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Diana G.

We are really glad about your comments trought the internet page, TripAdvisor. Trust me when I speak ahead for all our staff about how important is for us that you have taken the time to write such a good review about your stay.
We are all waiting you to come back, so we can attend you with all our kindness and good service that you wrote about.

Greets from

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pretty standard nice clean hotel. They provide a free shuttle to and from the airport which is good. There are variations in the style and layout of the rooms. Some are newer than others. But all rooms show some signs of aging and wear. Location is pretty good. The restaurant staff is very nice and helpful. I forgot an item in the room and housekeeping followed up with me days later to coordinate the return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tatiana E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Four Points By Sheraton Cali, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Decibal

We have received your qualification through the TripAdvisor page. Believe us it is a pleasure for us that you inform us about the experiences presented in our hotel, whether positive or negative help us to improve our service standards, as well know You are the reason for our business.

Best Regards