“Not what it used to be”
Review of NH Cali Royal

NH Cali Royal
Ranked #7 of 90 Hotels in Cali
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last ten years. At least a yearly visit. The hotel used to be independent royal palm, it was great back then. There have been recent remodeling but the issue is ever since this became a Radisson it has gone down hill. Breakfast used to be great but it s now very poor. All he fresh fruit ge used to have is down to 2-3 not so good options. The food at other times is so so. It also takes them an incredibly long time to check you in or ut of te hotel. I really don't recommend this any longer to the bus. Traveller that needs to be on the go.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MJarman
Diana Marcela C, Guest Relations Manager at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Mr Jarman,

We want to thank you for your reply because this helps the Hotel to improve for you. I would like you to write me back telling me how was your experience and what would you like to find next time you stay with us.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Phone: 3307777 ext:4105
Email:dchica@radissoncali.com

There are newer reviews for NH Cali Royal

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Due to a short notice trip and just flew into Cali with out any reservations- first time since '96.
Saw the "Radisson" sign at airport and instructed driver to take me there.
Upon arrival- Staff was exceptional. Rooms and bedding extra clean, could use a little upgrade in decor (Very sterile). Staff in restaurant also-exceptional.
Found it pretty safe for Cali- Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PerlaTravel
aospina, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for all your comments and we are trilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have you with us again soon

Anything you need dont hesitate on contact me

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Radisson Cali is a very comfortable hotel in the southern skirts of Cali. It has all modern conveniences, the staff was friendly and the suites well appointed.

The only problem was that it was fully booked one of the nights we wished to stay there. Swimming pool and spa looked good but we didn't have time to use it. Have breakfast around the swimming pool.

There are lots of shopping facilities nearby - including Unicentro and Holguines' malls and a Carulla food market. Transportation is fine - there are plenty of taxis and the MIO rapid transit is nearby. The airport is at least one hour away.

Room Tip: Top floors have a nice view over the Cauca valley.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
aospina, Guest Relations Manager at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Good Afternoon,

We are glad to see this kind of comments, also that you enjoyed your stay with us and all around it, we hope to see you again at the Hotel for you to feel like home.

Anything you need dont hesitate on contact me

Email: dchica@radissoncali.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I can't say enough about the employees at this hotel. Everyone of them went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I stayed on business with a number of co-workers. The employees addressed many of us by name after the second day. It was really pretty amazing. Madelein and Jhonn at the front desk were great! Wilmar in the restaurant and bar was great! The lady who made the eggs in the morning was great. The guy at the open-air BBQ at night was great. Really, they all were great. I should probably name everyone by name, but I just can't remember because everyone I met was more welcoming than all of the Disney employees put together. I had a room on the 7th floor. It was recently renovated, well appointed, and clean. Housekeeping (Carmen) refreshed the room every day.

This isn't the Ritz Carlton by any means, but I think these guys beat out the Ritz on the friendliness scale. I look forward to staying here again. We had a long conversation about breakfast potatoes/home fries at one meal. The restaurant people let me show them how to make them one night and the next morning they served them for breakfast. Again, this isn't a resort by any means, but for a business hotel and being on the road, I can't think of many more places that try to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
aospina, Guest Relations Manager at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Good Afternoon,

It is a pleasure for us to read this king of comments and to know that the whole hotel made you feel like at home (locations and people), thats what we really want, you to find a very nice space with great people and the best customer service in all of them; we are also thrilled that you enjoyed the new and renovated rooms and that all your stay was as pleasant as it could be.

We hope to have you again with us soon and anything you need dont hesitate on contact me.

dchica@radissoncali.com
Hotel Radisson Royal Cali

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The location is in the south, away from the hotel zone and the city centre, which can be good or bad depending on why you are in Cali. Our reservations were made for us, and when I arrived I thought I would be giving this place one star. My non-renovated room had no less than 20 stains on the carpet of questionable origin, a smell of old smoke, threadbare lampshades, a towel rack in the bathroom that was falling out of the wall with two threadbare towels on it, a chipped bathtub with grimy brown grout, the grout on the sink was falling away and left a quarter inch gap between the countertop and the sink and the chainlock on the door was hanging sideways with one screw 50% unthreaded and the other nowhere in site. Judging by the decor and the condition I am confident that the room had not been renovated anytime in the last 30 years and the hotel's handyman was out on a 10-year bender. The best word for it was "horrendous". The 4th and 5th floor both were depressing, including the public areas on the floor. Fortunately, the front desk cheerily moved me to a slightly smaller but newly refreshed room on the renovated 6th floor. The quality of the furnishings were not 5-star but everything, including the towels, was new and bright. The walls were still thin and I could hear guests in the hallway and in their rooms across the hall. But the included breakfast was very good, with made-to-order omelletes, great waffles and plenty of fresh fruit, juice and local dishes. Also highly recommended was the free drinks served in the bar from 5 to 7. The staff were warm and welcoming and really superb overall. These three latter things tipped my decision to rate this hotel as "very good" rather than average. But only on the understanding that you confirm a renovated room. The fact that the hotel is still renting out the old rooms, some of which are on floors that are actively under renovation (including dust and noise) is unforgiveable.

Room Tip: Avoid the unrenovated 4th and 5th floors, the 6th and 7th are safe. The difference is night and day...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chula_Banana

Good Afternnon,

This is a very positive comment for us, because is very exciting that you got to know the new renovated roomsand you enjoyed it; also I want to let you know that we have been in this process for longer than a year and soon we will have the whole Hotel as a new one, including the 4th and 5th floor.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you soon for you to enjoy the New Radisson Royal Cali Hotel with the same heart.

Hotel Radisson Royal Cali
Coordinadora de Servicio al Cliente
Email:dchica@radissoncali.com

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great place to stay in Cali. English speaking staff, great breakfast. Nice swimming pool. Gym needs some new equipment & bigger space with more running tread mill. Overall, good place to stay for my business, as hotel is safe and good. I will be visiting again & staying in November there.

Room Tip: High floor is always good to have, as better view & less noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank nhlivefreeordie
aospina, Guest Relations Manager at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Good Afternoon,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us, we are glad to read that you enjoy your stay at the Radisson Royal Cali Hotel.
We hope to see you soon and if you need anything dont hesitate on contact me.

dchica@radissoncali.com

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this Radisson location for a business trip on and off for 10 days - as my travels took me to several areas of the country outside of Cali. The hotel was clean, and the staff were quite friendly and helpful - especially Diego, Erick, Daniel and Andres, who always greeted me by name upon my arrival or exit from the hotel. For those with limited to no Spanish language ability, it is also worth noting that most of the staff have good to excellent English language profeciency. The hotel is undergoing a renovation, so the updated rooms have a much more modern feel - no carpeting, etc. The older rooms feel much more traditional with carpet and darker tones. I stayed in both types during this stay and found both to be fine - mostly depending on your individual tastes. As I needed to travel around every other day, the hotel allowed me to store my large bag and back a small handbag for my trips without charge. The Wifi is free, but seems to be spotty depending on your room location. Some of my rooms had great reception, while others I had to stand near the door to have a good signal. Finally, in terms of location, this hotel is located on the south side of the city - so quite far from the airport if transportation is an issue - anywhere from 30min - 1 hour or more depending on traffic. That said, it's located quite close to a few shopping areas -- walking distance.

Overall an excellent stay, mostly due to the service of the staff which ranks among the best I've received anywhere -- even the much nicer 5-star hotels. The staff is to be highly commended. The only detractions leading to Very Good over Excellent is the spotty Wifi and location from the airport (which may be difficult for some).

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice. Also, they are undergoing a renovation project so some rooms h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank biomanxii
aospina, Guest Relations Manager at NH Cali Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We want to thank you for all your possitive comments that make us feel proud of our quality of service and all the people who work with us, this Hotel will be always your home and we will make sure that every time you stay with us, you enjoy every single detail of being here, with the Radisson Royal Family.

Diana Marcela Chica Bermudez