“My home in Cali Colombia”

InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar
Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Cali
Miami, Florida
“My home in Cali Colombia”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stay in this hotel 4 times per year 3 nights, the outside breakfast is spectacular, I enjoy the tables around the pool on the grass, the Internet was always slow but it got resolved, and the rooms are getting renewed

I love this place

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently stayed here while visiting Cali for work. No complaints at all. The room was a decent size and very clean. (The bathroom was a bit on the small side.) I had no trouble at all with internet access in the room or in other parts of the hotel. There is a very good breakfast buffet, and good dining options, with three in-house restaurants. There is also a good-sized pool and a decent gym. The service was polite and professional. For those concerned about security/safety, I felt very safe here.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 6 nights at the Intercontinental Hotel in September.2012 and enjoyed my stay. The front desk was very friendly, polite and helpful. For the first time since traveling, I' m Priority Club Gold and the hotel staff showed their appreciation. I do not speak Spanish, but always try and the staff's English is limited, but they tried, too. And together, we were mostly able to enjoy each other.

Mostly ate at the hotel and the food was good. Room service was good as well and I thought the restaurant prices was quite economical. I met one bellman who was very good with English (Rudolpho) who worked in Philadelphia for a few years and I always knew I could get him to serve as a translator if I was having difficulty communicating.

I loved the Concierge Lounge. It's a great setup for business travelers.

I did not do a lot of sightseeing as I typically worked til dark but taxis were always available. Security was tight. You cannot access any room without inserting a key in the elevator.

I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've stayed in Intercontinental for a businees trip, despite the hotel is very big, beautiful, and confortably rooms, they did not able to met my essencial needs.In a business trip, the quality of the internet access must be priority. The connection was very slow and a few times, I had to go to the lobby to get a better (but not good) connection.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Luxury hotel in downtown Cali, surrounded by a very nice neighborghood named "San Antonio". From the hotel you have a nice view of the river. Is located walking distance from the famous "Plaza Caycedo".
I´ve had a average room, at the end of a very long hallway. Nice, clean. The bathroom had nice toiletries.
The breakfast was average and the lunch was nothing special.
The best part of the hotel is the "pizzeria": affordable and very good pizza with many local ingredients.
At anytime you can find a safe taxi from the hotel.
The hotel had wifi, but in my room the signal was very fair.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I expected more from the intercontinental brand. The rooms were old, with ragged carpet and a shower that dribbled water like a garden hose. The toilet lid wouldn't stay up on the toilet, which made it unpleasant to use. The hair dryer didn't work, although they did bring me a new one when I called. I'm sure their must be a better hotel out there for the same money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Slizsen,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize if the room accommodations, condition of the toilet and bathroom amenities did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

While I understand your stay was not 100% as it should have been. I do hope you can stay with us again so we can show you how truly great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days for the congress and business visits.
Very nice clean hotel, exceptionally friendly staff
One advice get a room with cable Internet it is faster than wi- fi.
Breakfast was good - definitely enjoyed Colombian delicacies and lots of tropical juices and fruit
Way to go.