“A must when in Cali”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“A must when in Cali”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Once again Michael has amazed me not only with his superb cooking skills but with the ambiance he has created, Congratulations.

• Visited April 2014

Bogota, Colombia
“Unique contemporary expression of full Colombian arts....”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Michael, thanks for given us the most beautifull escenario... This place you made is awesome ... Each experience is unique...food made with passion and love....
I totally recommend this place .

• Visited March 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“SIMPLY A MUST! Comida, Cancion, Coctel, Conversacion: CHEVERE!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I wasn't convinced when my friends recommended this place to us. However, after having spent several hours in The Magicians kitchen I'm left exquisitely sated, slaked, surprised and inspired. The food alone is worth a visit, but never have I experienced the quality of dining/entertainment that I encountered at Teatro. As a fellow lover of great food and cooking it was invaluable to see all his cooking techniques and be able to ask questions about recipes. The guy's a genius. SO GLAD we spent our last night in colombia here!

A mi me fascina todo lo que lleva mucha corazon. El Teatro SI tiene mucha corazon! El Mago ha logrado con mucho exito lo que pocos han tratado de crear: una experiencia culinaria increible con tanto carino como en casa de familia MAS musica, cuentas y comedia! No es cena, sino una experiencia inolvidable que me dejo con mucha inspiracion. Es simplemente incomparable. VAYAN!

• Visited February 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food and Experience!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My partner and I went with a friend, who had made the recommendation, for dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. It was both a pleasurable experience and a wonderful meal. The food was excellent and the experience of watching it all prepared in front of you was amusing and fascinating. There is only one seating. You MUST make a reservation. Arrive 7:30-8 for a pre-dinner cocktail and then move into the kitchen/theater at 8:00ish for the meal. Be sure to get there on time as the fun starts at the beginning and goes to the very end which was midnight but the time flew. We were all surprised when we were getting ready to leave and realized how late it was but that the time had seemed to fly by.

I got the tasting menu. My partner and friend each got something different so we had many things to taste and everything was incredibly good.

Throughout, there were jokes, commentary and singing. Lots of fun!

Yes, you sit on plastic chairs at tiny tables. So what? You go for the fantastic food and enjoyable experience.

And yes, its expensive for Cali but we all came away feeling quite satisfied and didn't regret a single peso.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Scott H
Statesboro, Georgia
“One pleased gringo”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just great. The words in a review can't describe what an incredible experience Teatro Mogico del Sabor is. I use the word experience rather than meal because Mike is a performer, artist, chef, and plays great music as well. The atmosphere is laid back and the food will blow your mind. Mike makes you feel like you are part of his family; laughing, joking, and sharing stories and music with you as he cooks. Two thumbs up.

• Visited December 2013