“One of the best city hotels I've been to”

Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Cali
Arlington, Virginia
“One of the best city hotels I've been to”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here a couple of days and was amazed with the entire hotel. Amazing rooms, great location, walking distance to shops and restaurants/bars. The restaurant in the hotel was also really good... great staff... I can't say enough good things about this place, totally recommend it while in Cali.

Room Tip: Executive suite!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AnaShiwa, PA to the General Manager at Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are extremely delighted to read such a positive and wonderful review about your experience here at Spiwak Chipichape Cali. Thank you for taking the time to write about our rooms, location, restaurant and staff.

We hope we have the great opportunity to welcome you back to Spiwak Chipichape Cali, so you can experience the same excellent service.

Kindest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Spiwak during part of our honeymoon through Colombia and we could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. Our room was flawless, spacious, and zen. From our own private outdoor jacuzzi to the "open shower" to the flat screen tv, we were in honeymoon heaven. The hot breakfast buffet is absolutely delicious and plentiful - we didnt even have enough time to try all the different Colombian delicacies. Location is excellent - you are right above the ChipiChape Mall which offers everything from brand name shopping to salons, bars and restaurants. The hotel staff speak perfect English and go out of their way to fulfill our requests and ensure a comfortable stay.. For someone who travels a lot, I can honestly say this place is at the top of my list and I am already persuaded to stay there anytime I go to Colombia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a delightful review about your experience staying with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed with a group of friends for 4 days, and have to say it was the best hotel in our trip to Colombia!! The room: we were fortunate enough to get an amazing room with our own Jacuzzi, the rooms are big and have the latest technology. The food: Amazing Colombia breakfast and drinks, the buffet was delicious and had tons of variety, the drinks at the bar are great, best mohito ever! The location: Over Chipichape.. a mall, you can find absolutely everything you need, from shopping to steak houses. Also, since is surrounded by the Andean mountains and the hotel is very open you wake up to a beautiful scenery. Service: The hotel staff are well trained and VERY helpful, they were there to bring us extra towels, drinks or anything we needed, they even help us plan our day trips around the cali.SPA: I had the best massage I had in year.. and very affordable.

I travel a lot, and I can say this hotel is great!!! It deserves more stars.

The next time I am in Cali, Colombia I am definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a jacuzzi.
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a pleasure for us to read positive experiences of our guests. I will pass on your positive feedback to all our staff members, as it is what keeps us working hard.

We will be waiting for you to come and stay with us once again, so we can provide you with an excellent service.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family and I stayed at Hotel Spiwak for about 5 days and it was absolutely incredible. The rooms were clean, spacious, and high class. Perhaps most beautiful was the architecture, which greatly enhanced the experience. I've never seen anything like it. It blends beautifully into an incredible mall that we had a great time visiting. I loved that you can see any area of the hotel from any other part of the hotel. Really helped me keep an eye on the kids from a distance. The pool was stunning. You get free access to an amazing gym too. I really couldn't get enough of it and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Positive comments like yours are always the best award and incentive to continue working hard to exceed our guests´ expectations.

We cannot wait to have you back and stay with us so we can provide you with the same excellent service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Many many places to begin this review but let's start with the architecture of the hotel itself. Hope you get a sense of how open and beautiful this structure really is. The horseshoe shape allows you to not only open your door to beautiful Cali sun and sky but also the mountains in the distance. The hotel is a perfect blend of luxury and elegance without a feeling of decadence or excess. The king size beds are cozy and indulging. The jacuzzi and private outdoor deck is absolutely spoiling. The pool area and nearby outdoor tanning/lounging area are just perfect with expansive views of Cali and the mountains. Staff are extremely friendly and help in any and all ways. Service to the rooms is excellent. A "no" is never a response. And the barman makes excellent mojitos! Would highly recommend to all and every one traveling to Cali.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience staying at Spiwak Chipichape Cali. It is a delight for us to read such positive reviews from our guests.
As you have said, here at Spiwak Chipichape Cali, “No” is never a response.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The suite is spacious, modern and well adorned. The bed and linens are comfortable. The rooms are terrific and excellent value. Internet was free. Breakfast was not included in our plan (but we were leaving too early in the morning to take advantage of it anyway). There was loud live music playing in the lobby, which could be heard in the rooms. Fortunately it stopped at a very reasonable hour. The room was quiet at night.
The hotel is well situated, attached to a vibrant mall.
The hotel staff is pleasant and attentive and english speaking.
This was an excellent stay.
We have stayed in many hotels throughout Columbia and this was certainly one of the best hotels for the money.

Dear Valued Guest,

It is a delight for us to read such positive reviews from our guests. I will pass on your comments to all the staff members of the hotel, as this is the best incentive and award for us to continue working hard.

We hope we have the great opportunity to welcome you back to Spiwak Chipichape Cali, so we can provide you with the same excellent service.

Washington DC
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Visit Cali for business, and Spiwak hotel was closest to convention center. I was surprise by the outlay of the hotel beautifully open to receive the great weather of Cali.

Ill keep it simple for your fast reading.

Like: Big Rooms, quite rooms, nice view, good tv programing, shopping mall at lower part of hotel with many shops and restaurants, great tasting and full breakfast.

Dislike: Hotel was to capacity, I was not giving my promised upgrade room, it was not ready upon my arrival I had to wait, concierge and reservations did not perform to standards since many costumers (including me) waited for long time for problem to be solved.

Over all the hotel is a good choice, when visiting Cali and having to go to convention center. Maybe with a less full hotel y could've receive a better service.

Room Tip: Good Spa in the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience staying at the Spiwak Chipichape Cali. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you had to experience during your stay. The issues have been raised to reservations, concierge and Front Desk, as necessary actions need to be taken to prevent situations like this to happen in the future.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our big rooms and the view, the TV programming, its location in the Chipichape mall, and the full breakfast.
We greatly appreciate recommendations from valuable guests like you, to help us improve our service to ensure continuous improvement.

Once again, please accept our most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back.