“Not one of the best hotels out there”

Hotel Casa Santa Monica
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Cali
Miami, Florida
“Not one of the best hotels out there”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I stayed at this place for one week in late December 2010, and while the facilities are not that bad there is a lot to be desired for the price paid ( about 75,00 USD per night ), here are the main issues I encountered:

1.- Do not try to either call the front desk or have people call you at the hotel as this people never answer the phones, day or night, my family tried to reach me at the hotel several times to no avail.

2.- While I consider a good thing being eviromentally friendly, this place goes way to far, the lighting in the rooms is so poor that I had to go to the lobby in order to read or dial my cell phone, my room hads 2 bed lights and a very samall desk light, all together the wattage of the lights was not even 75 W, no ceiling lights.

3.- Rooms are way too small compared to itraditional international standards, even Tokyo hotel rooms are larger that these.

3.- There are several doors to reach the bathroom, a bar style double swinging door to access the lavatory, and a huge door to access the toilet, I find this way to cumbersome as the entire bathroom area is no more than 15 feet at the most.

4.- Cable service was out the entire Christmas weekend, I was told by the staff that the cable company does not work on weekends, and there was nothing they can do.

5.- There are no electrical outlets near the bed, in order to plug my laptop I had to ask the front desk for an extension cord and I was given one that was so filthy that I was afraid to catch something if I touched it. The phone cord was also very short, can hardly move the phone from the night table.

6- Hot water, it was great and had good pressure, but after 5 minutes in the shower I would run out of it and had to finish showering with freezing water.

7.- No trash can in the bathroom, yI had to open the toilet door in order to dispose of items no longer needed.

Overall not the best experience I've had in a hotel, for 20 Dollars more I could have stayed at the Sheraton.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank RobertoVela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)