“Extremely delightful!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I live in Clearwater FL but I am from Barranquilla and one thing that I miss more from my beautiful city is Nena Lela's food, it is delicious. The flavor has never changed since I was a little boy. I will recommend it to any person that wants to try excellent traditional italian food. It never gets old!

1  Thank Betodoo

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a great time on this restaurant, family owned and keeping perfection to details all the way through. We make reservations and save some time for the waiting time.
The wines chart is amazing, you can have a good wine for a reasonable price, or even try the bottle, you will be not dissapointed.
Whatever pasta you order is delicious, and the bread that they serve is out of this world.

1  Thank rspringer72
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Above address is now used only for special events and group parties. They have changed their location to Buenavista 2 on the 4th floor.
Remember this is Colombia and to get the same quality, choice and competitiveness as in North America, just forget it. In the slow times, between 3pm and maybe up to 5 or 6 pm, they have a 2 for 1 sale.
I know many excellent Italian restaurants in the US & Canada.
Nena Lela would probably rank in about the middle if compared to N. America. The portions are not the size we get in N.A. either. They are probably about 1/2 to 2/3 the size.
However, we are, after all, in Barranquilla (Baq), Colombia. It is probably the best in Baq. It is acceptable. For Barranquilleros, I would rank it an 8/10 or 9/10. For N Americanos maybe a 5/10.
The best Italian eatery I ever discovered is in Marathon, Florida, in the keys, on the west side of the highway, in a u shaped strip mall not far from McDonalds burger joint. If you are ever driving through the keys, it is worth the stop, especially for the Spag with everything in it to veggies, sausage etc.... And no, I do not have an interest in either restaurant.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was raised in Barranquilla so Ive been familiar with this restaurant all my life.

Few dishes are quite ok (even for Italian standards)

However, you might be disappointed. especially if you take the tortellini. The salad bar might also have both good and bad surprises.. However, the service is ok.. Not too expensive..

1  Thank santvf
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I visited the location in the mall, Buenavista. Atmosphere was great, lots of people, and live music. Service was okay, managers on the floor checking on customers. This food might be good for local standards but coming from the US it isn't. The lasagna was cold. My fettuccini Alfredo did not taste like Alfredo. My pasta did not come with a spoon and I asked my waitress for a spoon, she agreed but never brought me one. I don't like to complain so I didn't make a big deal.