“Excellent for short stays”

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Barranquilla
“Excellent for short stays”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hampton for a night with my family because we had a party in the city. We were anxious because we were traveling by car, but the hotel had lots of parking space available. Next morning, breakfast was just perfect to ease the hangover from the party. A variety of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bread... This hotel has everything you need, minus the extras that make you spend more money.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
@Beatriz D I want to express my appreciation for sharing your experiences at the Hampton By Hilton barranquilla. Thank you for the positive and constructive comments. We always work hard to maintain our customers happy, ensuring that they come back in the future and encouraging them to recommend us. We look forward to having you again as our loyal guest.

William Fonseca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Largo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days more or less and I enjoyed my stay. The employees were helpful and helped my mother and I order food several times so that we could take it to our room. Visiting from Florida and being a native English speaker, I enjoyed practicing my Spanish with the employees. This was a perfect hotel to stay in and I would even like to work here some day after I graduate next year. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Although, it may not have a pool, the view is outstanding and one can take many great photos of the sunset from above. I especially like the entrance to this hotel with a coffee shop and tables and chairs to relax on a cool night meeting and conversing with friends or family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
@Brandon Y All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is basically new, rooms are big and confortable. Gym have enough cardio machine to workout wild you are traveling, complementary breakfast is good. Staff is great, really like this hotel. Defenetely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
@Fred G All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice clean room, with a descent bathroom. No concierge to help you with the bags. No room service. And they will charge you for any utility that you want, except a soap or shampoo. Coffee shop and store in the hotel makes it very convenient. Not everyone speaks english, but it wasnt that hard to get around. Stayed here twice. Didnt have bearkfast both times, but looked descent.

Room Tip: Rooms are standard overall, except that the walls are thin enough for you to hear the next room some...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mankur
@Mankur Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Our major purpose is to offer an innovative and friendly service in order to exceed our guest expectations. . We really appreciate your valuable feedback about our Brand that is Hampton and we hope to see you again in barranquilla.

General Manager.
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

When I got to the hotel, the checkin last over 25 minutes and the personal was very young and unexpireced.
The room was ok, but no pool, no freezer.
The breakfast was very poor and full of people trying to get the food, god, what an awful expirence.
This hotel is just for a business trip and get some sleep.

• Stayed September 2013
@Stereolaser Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Our major purpose is to offer an innovative and friendly service in order to exceed our guest expectations. Please do accept our apologies on behalf of Hampton by Hilton barranquilla for not doing so. We really appreciate your valuable feedback.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Brand new hotel, and has only been open for a few months. Some people at the front desk speak English and are very helpful. It doesn't have the "bells and whistles" of other top hotels, but if you can live without the frills it definitely has the basics such as complimentary wifi and complimentary breakfast while being probably the most economical choice. The rooms also have hot water, which is very difficult to find with any hotel in Barranquilla. If you happen to come in late, and don't want to venture out alone for dinner, they have a Buffalo Wings on the second floor just outside the main lobby. It had decent food there. The only reason I can not give the hotel 5 stars because they are a little intrusive with the follow-up cleaning in the afternoon and night. I lost count the number of times they woke me up from a nap in the afternoon, wanting to check my room after already cleaning it in the morning. But in saying that, if I ever return, this hotel will be my #1 choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank throwingcopper33
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
@throwingcopper33 All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed recently for two nights in this hotel (April 9, 10, 2013). The first thing they told me at the front desk is that they do not have bellboys, something that is not very pleasant, since I had to take a heavy luggage to the elevator and then to my bedroom. I wonder what they do when their guests are handicapped or elderly people. By the time I got to my room I was very tired.

They do not have a little rug by the bed. They do not have a minibar, so if you feel like eating or drinking something, you have to go to the front desk, because they do not send it to your room. The amenities were the bare minimum.

In summary, I would not like to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Yilda R
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good Afternoon, Mrs. Yilda,
Mi name is William Fonseca Castro, General Manager from Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, I want to say to you how grateful we are for choosing us in your stay, also I want to express our focus services because for what you said the concept is not what you expected and the reason maybe is because we are a different concept in hotels, we offer to our customer: The fastest Internet, Balance and complete breakfast, Gym area, Central Location, Restaurant in the second Floor with discounts.
Hampton Hotels around the world handle the same concept (Focus Services), but in this case we just want to make your stay most comfortable the next time, we are open to listen your opinion and suggestions because is very important for us.