For some people, this hotel would be just right.
Our room was quite large - there was plenty of space for the three beds that were in the room.
The price included breakfast which was really quite decent. When I explained to the staff person overseeing the breakfast buffet that I was a vegetarian and did not eat lard ("manteca"), she immediately went to the kitchen and ordered separate eggs for me that were not prepared with lard.
My concerns (and thus my poor rating) involve the following -
- Call me crazy, but for $194.06 per night, in a country that appears to have hot and cold running water everywhere, the price struck me as way too high for a place with *no hot water* for showers or washing. I realize that it's warm year-round on the northern coast of Colombia. I have further stayed at plenty of hotels and hostels without hot water in the past and would do so again, but for almost $200 bucks per night in the middle of a modern Colombian city, this struck me as a serious failing.
- I am not generally picky about decor, but I think that this is about the ugliest hotel room I have ever stayed in in my entire life.
- The service was mixed. I was particularly appreciative of the staff in the dining room during breakfast and the accommodations made quickly and cheerfully to me as a vegetarian. I was, however, less than pleased with some other aspects of service. When we left, we had particular challenges arranging for transportation for our departure under what is known as the "puerta a puerta" system of intercity private shuttles in which one can arrange from a shuttle from one city to another. We had initially asked if we could arrange for a shuttle at 9:00 am and we were told that we would have to go at 8:30 am. Fine. That was the night before check out. The morning we were checking out, we were called around 6 am and told that the shuttle would be arriving between 7:30 am and 8:00 am - when asked to clarify whether it was 7:30 am or 8:00 am, we were told the shuttle would be leaving at 8:00 am. At 7:30 am, we got a call that the shuttle was there and ready to leave immediately. My suspicion is that the hotel only works with one shuttle company rather than several, which would be a more common practice, and that the front desk staff was somewhat making up the time that the shuttle company with whom I can only imagine they have an exclusive deal would have a shuttle available and the staff just figured that whenever the shuttle showed up, we, the hotel guests, would be able to pack up quickly enough and get out.
All of that said, if you and your friends are looking for a clean, safe room where you can crash and even get breakfast if you wake up early enough, this place will definitely fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in an exclusive area of the city of Barranquilla close to major commercial establishments, health centers, banks and sports facilities such as basketball Elias Chewing stadium and football stadium Romelio Martinez. We are located next to the General Clinic North, one of the most recognized in the Atlantic Coast for its excellent services and medical equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Costa Linda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.