“A good hotel”
Review of Hotel Atrium Plaza

Hotel Atrium Plaza
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Barranquilla
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in December 2011.The hotel is very modern and clean.The staff were superb,they could not help me enough. The neighbourhood is ok during the day, but at night I would take care.There is a club across the road but it looked seedy. There is a huge salsa bar two blocks away and this is well worth a visit at night time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 22, 2012

During a two week stay along the coastal cities of Colombia I only spent one night in this beautiful Hotel.... and enjoyed every minute! Clean and friendly - and not with a hand out looking for a tip from the American! the room was reasonably priced very spacious with a small (very small) balcony. The bed was more comfortable than my own and I fell asleep quickly. I do black light the rooms - and found it to be exceptionally clean. A well stocked mini bar which we took advantage of. The Bathroom was adequate with a small shower barely big enough for two... The pool is small but very nice, unfortunately the spa was under repair, which I see as a good thing - well maintained. we had a very delicious breakfast served to us on a balcony overlooking the pool area. I would and will recommend this place to anyone, and will most likely return for a longer stay next time...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The front desk was very friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and the bed very confortable and the food at the restaurant excellent! Will stay again next time in Barranquilla.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Some of the staff from another hotel (Howard Johnson) recently joined the Atrium , which is the reason I tried this hotel for the first time..Hotel approx 2 years old, very clean,very friendly staff,good service, with the exception of the restaurant..Restaurant staff still needs some education on service...I stayed in a standard room, queen size, very nice with all the comforts..Very comfortable.. But, Rooms also need a at least one more upholstered chair and a rack to store your luggage ..instead of just using the floor..
Management really emphasize's on cleanliness and friendly attitude (front desk and House cleaning), Restaurant, another story..

The downside I noticed is the location..Not the best neighborhood, but adequate security available and for the non Spanish speaking, good idea to have a electronic translator, especially in the restaurant where no one speaks anything but Spanish and menu Spanish Only,.Front desk, no problem..and with a smile and pleasent attitude..

Yes, I would recommend this hotel as long as the rates are within reason.. I will stay there again...I'm really surprised reading Erick B's review, must be a very isolated issue...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The very regular attention, very little of the guest service staff inexperienced and poor location.
The restaurant staff very little attention and the terrible events department collaboration is a leader to guide them for the good work.
In the room I found a bug animal as bad taste.
Not return to the hotel I did not like what they do not know.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Erick B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is 'Good', meaning better than average, but not quite 'Very Good'. There is no rating for that.
They have all the amenities of a nice luxury hotel. Our room had an extra wide, fluffy bed to fall back onto and a big whirlpool bath, which was greatly appreciated after a hard week. The staff is helpful and friendly. Willing to share information and run errands, if necessary.
I don't know about the neighborhood though, because a Colombian journalist-friend of one of my colleagues dropped by for coffee and told us not to even walk around the block...in daylight!
Then that night, very late , the front desk rang the room of my colleague to tell him there was a visitor and she was being sent right up. He opened the door and it was a call girl! He stormed downstairs to ask them what kind of 'service' they were running; especially for unsuspecting houseguests who were trying to get some sleep! Very weird! (I'm the only female in my group, but my colleagues found it scandalous.)
Also, try to get a room that doesn't face the street, because there is a discotheque across the road and it's not the sound from the business but the loudspeakers from the cars passing in front that will jolt you out of your deep sleep, I promise you.
Overlooking all that, they have a great cocktail bar and a good restaurant. Just watch your back. :)
I guess Barranquilla es mucho Barranquilla!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ZANDVELD
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were booked there for one night, and the hotel is very modern and the staff is friendly. Our room had an extra wide bed and a wonderful whirlpool which was very much appreciated after a hard week.
The problem was with other 'circumstances' surrounding the hotel. First, a journalist friend of one of my colleagues stopped in for a drink and told us that it's a dangerous neighborhood and not to even walk around the block...in daylight!
Then in the middle of the night, my other colleague got a phone call from the receptionist saying that someone was coming upstairs to visit and when they send the visitor up and my friend opens his door, it's a call girl! He sent her away and immediately went down to the front desk to ask what time of 'service' they were running on unsuspecting house guests. That was a bit shocking.
But...Colombia is Colombia, I guess.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business