“Not bad... though friendly front desk staff”

Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Barranquilla
Medellín, Colombia
“Not bad... though friendly front desk staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I just spent three nights on two separate stays last week, because I couldn't find any other hotels (literally) due to the two games the Colombian Football (Soccer) team was playing in Barranquilla, for the World Cup Qualifying. There were more than 15,000 fans from all over the country in town, so I could find a room in the places I usually stay in.

I almost never have such neutral experiences, but I have to say the first two nights were in the older part of the hotel, which has older rooms and less convenient setting. I'd say it's more or less a 2-star experience, but being fair, just good enough. When I came back for the 3rd night, I had already spoken to the manager to give me a better room (bigger bed and room), which she kindly did. This one was a lot better, near the pool and a lot more modern and neater. Nevertheless, I had to walk a bit more from the elevator and up one floor to ghet to this newer part of the hotel. It was better, but to be honest, if you can pay a little more, I'd advise you to stay at the other better reputed hotels.

PROS:
- Friendly Staff
- Good Breakfast and food options

CONS:
- Location
- Restaurant service (waiters)
- 2-star setting for the price of a 3-star

Room Tip: Choose the 802,803, etc, located on the 3rd floor... sounds weird but that's what it is.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2011

1st room a disaster,made me think I was in a oversize closet,terrible bed,one hard mattress on wooden slats,bathroom, size of a postage stamp..didn't even have a glass to drink out of..no chair in the room,changed to better room following day for additional price..There are better hotels in Barranquilla for the same price..I would have changed hotels the second day if I had not prepaid in full... On the plus side, staff very friendly..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed in the Howard Johnson Versalles in Barranquilla, Colombia. Unfortunately, it was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. Many things in the room did not work, there was a large amount of noise EVERY Morning after 6 am, and I even found a large syringe in the gym! Every time I would complain, they would promise to fix the problem, but it would either take hours, or never happen. I think for $85 per night, I could expect a quiet night's sleep, and maybe coffee in the room every day.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank raleighman100
Travelers also viewed these Barranquilla hotels
Dann Carlton Barranquilla
#25 of 58 in Barranquilla
Washington Plaza Hotel
Washington Plaza Hotel
#3 of 58 in Barranquilla

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla

Property: Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla
Address: Carrera 48 70 188, Barranquilla 083001, Colombia
Location: Colombia > Atlantico Department > Barranquilla
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Barranquilla
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.