“The Best Hotel I Have Stayed in Mainland China”

Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo
Ranked #10 of 788 Hotels in Ningbo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As in the title, this hotel is truly the best I have stayed in mainland China, not one of. The towel and tea served in the check-in and out are really considerate. They even up-graded my two rooms to suites realizing that we are a family. We headed to Pu Tuo Shan in the early morning and ordered the breakfast boxes the night before. They arrived three minutes late, but it was not big deal since usually restaurant does not open until 6:30 and this hotel opens at 6. The location of this hotel is also very good, right next to the moon lake park and the ancient library both of which happen to be the best see in Ning Bo. The only downside is that the swimming pool seems not for the hotel guests only, I went there at 8 pm and it was super crowded. Even so, it is still very clean there. I will definitely choose this hotel next time when I get to Ning Bo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Youhanguc,

On behalf of the staff and management of Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind and positive words, they are a great encouragement everybody involved in working here to make sure your stay is as pleasant and memorable as possible.

Our swimming pool does get very busy especially at weekends and holidays, we do welcome guests from outside of the hotel to enjoy the facilities we have to offer. I apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having always thought HoJo was a down and out place from my childhood I have never stayed at one for a LONG, LONG time... Then yesterday we pulled up here and was told "don't worry this is not USA" . Well they were correct and in fact the hotel is nice and the rooms are clean but the service here is way GOOD! They are so nice and attentive it's like all the staff went to "NICE" school. What a nice experience after having been on the road over a month and staying in both good and bad hotels. Top 1 or 2 for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest Jgoodma,

On behalf of the staff and management of Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, I thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are most appreciative of your kind and positive words, they are a great encouragement to everybody involved in working to make your stay here as pleasant and memorable as possible. We do hope your experience here exceeded your expectations and memories of HoJo experiences of the past.

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is almost perfect. For me, at least. We have stayed in many hotels in China and this is a real standout. The staff are remarkable in their attention to guests' needs or even perceived needs. The food in the Lotus Garden restaurant is superb with extraordinary and diligent staff. Very lovely people, for whom, it seems, nothing is too much trouble. It is difficult to fault anything here. The location is very central and walking to the city centre is a pleasure. The rooms are excellent. Bathrooms, whilst a little short of shelf space are luxurious. I have had a couple of better breakfasts in China, but breakfast is still very good. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the staff and management of Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, thank you for taking the time to make a review of our hotel, your kind and positive words are of the utmost encouragement to everybody involved in working to make your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible. We thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Forget your preconceived notions of Howard Johnsons - HoJo in China is 5-star all the way. The one in Ningbo in particular stands out because of its great service. Stayed here recently for a couple of nights and while the hotel itself wasn't particularly unique in its architecture or layout, it's a hotel I highly recommend because it ticks off all the most important things I look for in a city hotel.

It's very clean. The amenities and hardware in the rooms are all of solid quality whereas many hotels skimp on the actual furniture, etc. in the room. And of course as many people have mentioned, service that goes beyond a typical business hotel. They serve you tea at the check in / check out, choice of pillow, etc. and overall very pleasant and friendly staff.

Again, can't go wrong with a solid hotel like this one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here once on my 1st business trip to Ningbo. My experience with this hotel was really superb. Check in was very smooth a I was immediately escorted to my room by a angel who explained me everything. Breakfast room and choice of food was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of my good factories told me I was being booked in a Howard Johnson so my expectations weren't so high but I was pleasantly surprised and will gladly say that HoJo Ningbo is 5 Star in every way. Great rooms, unbelievable service, gym, indoor lap pool, great restaurants etc etc. WOW!! Next trip to Ningbo this is a no-brainer. If you find yourself going to Ningbo, do yourself a favor and book here!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

If someone says Ningbo I reply Howard Johnson. That place was my best experience from the whole city. I had a superior room with excellent view (if we can say so the air was so polluted that visibility was quite low). Regarding hotel – room perfect, food – DELICIOUS the best breakfasts I ever had in China great combinations of China and International cuisine. SPA – I took a foot massage every day and quality was marvelous. I can only suggest staying there (for business or with your family).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business