“Best service in Ningbo”

Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo
Ranked #2 of 775 Hotels in Ningbo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel knows service. They are so welcoming and really aim to please. I left my bag in the lobby and did not realize until I got to my meeting. The hotel sent a car to my meeting to deliver my bag. Amazing. Looking forward to coming back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Built in the newest and mst expensive part of Ningbo, this is a great place to stay. Legendary Shangrila service and facilities, lovely rooms and food plus just a short wall from some great places to visit in the evenings. The 'Old Bund' is a new area at the waterside and just 2 minutes walk from this hotel. if you're staying on business you can feel totally safe and at home wandering around near here. Great hotel , great location

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

When arrived at the hotel we where met by a pack of door staff all eggar to take our luggage, as we travel lite then we where happy to take our own bags. Check in was interesting I booked the hotel via a site recommended by trip advisor but the RMB 2,400 which they quoted me turned into RMB 3,300 when they debited my card, not happy.
Now came the hard sell when I checked in the hotel pushed for us to take the horizon suit only 350 extra per night which went upto 400+
I have stayed in Ningbo many times you can book many 5 star hotels for a lot less.
Next they told me we could only have a smoking room as I have an issue I insisted I want a none smoking room, they told us to wait in the lounge in the 28 floor

We where met by a Western man who asked what are we doing there he offered to fetch us a drink  ten minutes later the reception lady appeared saying our room is ready ( only after she told me she had made a mistake with the upgrade price, I never really understood what she was saying I just agreed )

She took us to the room on
the 34 floor, the room stinks of stale cigarette it's really revolting but the view is fantastic.

Hey  Ho, we thought ok let's go for a swim ( not recommended unless you want to wear a secondhand swimming cap ) I have never worn a swimming cap and felt it was a total humiliation, needless to say we never went for a swim.

Apart from the stinky room the furniture is tied its certainly not up to 5 star standard

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel many times. Usually book room on Horizon Club level so have access to lounge. Service in hotel very good. Most of the staff knows me by name and are always helpful. Rooms very nice and location very good. There are now many 5 stars hotels in Ningbo, but I alway choose the Shangri La because of their service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed in Shangri-La since they opened in Ningbo. The taxi calls it "Shangri Lee La" so easy to remember. I think it was better in the past with more international help. Many people have moved to Hong Kong or other Shangri-La hotels. The service it top class. Rooms are very nice. Staff is helpful. My only helpful comment is the taxi service can be VERY SLOW. They have staff on the main road to help customers. They wave taxi's in to hotel but since it is the center, most center of downtown, it can be difficult. Traffic is almost always heavy. Allow extra time when going to dinner of to shop. Otherwise, this is one of the best hotels chains in the country, and the Ningbo location is also very nice. Try the Lobster Bay for a drink or food.... if the budget allows. Very expensive but also very good.

Room Tip: The view of the river is very nice. I stay there often so now not so importaint to me. If first time...
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel is well decorated, rooms are nice and clean but the front desk people are not fiendly and overall they have bad service. The breakfast buffet is not good for westerners at all. In general most of the hotels have many local people eating in their buffet especially over the weekends. The buffet area is smaller than other Shangri-la hotels and gets very crowded and mess. Food is low quality and insufficient and most of the dishes are empty and do not get refilled. I stayed in Shangri-la in Suzhou and was very happy with their buffet while this hotel is much more expensive with poor service. My good points are only for the hotel decor and room cleanliness.

Room Tip: find another hotel
Reviewed June 15, 2012

SL Ningbo is true to the Shangri-La soul, this is a REAL SL hotel. The staff and management are extremely professional, the rooms are nice, my room at 32nd floor had a very nice view over the river and city.
Stayed at the Horizon floor for 2 days. This upgrade is good value - you check in at the 28th floor (and your breakfast is also served here) and out while eating your breakfast. No noise, no hassle and with this extra service finesse. A cash withdraw was also handled in a few minutes by the Horizon staff, without problems, without the hassle to locate an ATM. Prior to my arrival I had some e-mail correspondence with the hotel regarding transportation to Shanghai, and my questions were answered immediately. So if you want the full package combined with relaxation having in mind that everything is taken care of in a professional and service minded manner, this is the place to be.
If your are heading to Shanghai, the limo service is RMD 3500 a little steep, however compared with an ordinary taxi which costs RMD 1500 this is not too bad. I had a taxi and this is NOT European standard. The drive is 2:45 hours to the airport. Will consider the Limo next time
Arrived from Wenzho to Ningbo by bullet train. I found it a little difficult to arrange pick-up at the train station, as I was not sure of my schedule, so took a taxi from the train station. Be aware of the pirat taxi drivers trying to talk you into one of the pirate taxies. The locals do not fall for this trick so be sure this has a down side.. When leaving the train station turn left and around a building, there you will see a long que for taxies, however where there is a need there is a service, so you will find a flow of taxies. Waiting time is not too long. The bullit train wenxhou - Ningbo on first class is only RMD 100 a real bargain. Going down to Wenzhou from Shanghai I will recommend taking the plane, there are several airports in Shanghai offering this service. 5 stars to SL Ningbo - this also when comparing with SL Wenzhou, which do not capture the SL soul.

1  Thank FLIDK