“Go for the Food, Stay for the Martinis”

RosaLuca's Italian Bistro
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Asbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Go for the Food, Stay for the Martinis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family has eaten there at least 3 times (on weeknights) over the last year. Each time my wife and daughter delight in choosing 1 of the 64 martinis on their bar menu! All of our food has always been excellent - their Lasagna is by far the best we have ever had in a restaurant bar none. We had an appitizer of baked zucchini flowers in the fall and it took me back to when my father made this dish from the garden during the summer months. You see, they have a huge garden in the rear that they use as ingredients in their dishes and sauces. They do a very large amount of canning from the garden as well and offer certain items for sale - like salsa, sauces, beets, etc. You are not going to go wrong here.

• Visited February 2013

Tewksbury, NJ
“Maybe weekends...not weeknights”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and i have been to Rosa Luca's on approx. 7 or 8 occasions before last Tuesday night, previous visits were all weekends. There is a world of difference between service and food weeknights v weekends. Tuesday night there were two waitstaff, one waiter and owner(wife), and in the kitchen one chef(owner husband) who kept coming into the dinning room to get someone to serve the cold food. Weekend experience was 100% different = much better.

Hopefully our last visit is not an indication of the direction of Rosa Luca's.

• Visited April 2013
Milford, New Jersey
“How did we not know about Rosa Luca's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We live only 15 minutes away, bur have never been here. Friends of ours thought so much of the food and are regulars, they got a donation for our club's Casino Night. On their recommendation, I did everything I could to win the certificate, and I did!

We had an AMAZING dinner there. The bread with olive oil was addictive; we got the polenta dumplings as an app, OUTRAGEOUS, and both had veal Milanese, which was so good and so huge, we got to bring some home for tomorrow. We were too stuffed for dessert, but we will be back; I need to try he gnocchi, which is not on many menus.

• Visited April 2013
Pittstown, New Jersey
“The 50 dollar scallop??? What a rip off..Rude owner..NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Asked if we could order the scallop appetizer as entree..waiter was more than happy to deliver...no wonder , it was the most profitable dinner ever served. Four small scallops in a coconut mango sauce ...when we asked about the portion the owner just turned away. Very expensive and over rated for reheated frozen Italian entrees from Stouffers.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rob S
morris county, new jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food but Atmosphere could stand an upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to dinner last night at Rosa Luca's with my sister in law who lives in nearby Jutland, NJ. The food was fantastic. The menu was creative and had a variety of choices for everyone. I particularly like that they had organic meats on the menu. The beet and goat cheese salad was great as was my wild salmon with squash ribbons and artichoke.

The atmosphere left a lot to be desired. First off when we walked in there was no hostess station to greet us and you don't really know what to do. You walk into the bar which looked nice but there were large metal racks against the wall where they are selling pickled jarred vegetables and salsa and tomato sauce. Great idea to sell their own things but the stock really belongs in the stockroom.

The lighting was dull as was the the walls which could use a pop of color. The music playing in the background through the restaurant while you ate was distracting from the table conservation and way too loud. It also was not what you want in a modern italian restaurant . I could see soft jazzy background music but not the top hits of times gone by.

The service was also slow as it took almost 30 minutes to bring bread to to the table. The whole restaurant was cleared out by 9:30. To me that says they are serving a lot of table in a short time and the kitchen needs a little help to get those dishes out faster while not sacrificing the integrity of the food.

I would think if they update their atmosphere and get rid of the music they could have a win win and this could be a fabulous place that the older and younger crowd would enjoy. It's time to come into the 21st century.

• Visited March 2013