“Great Place for Brunch, too”
Review of Texas Cafe - CLOSED

Texas Cafe
Cuisines: Xinjiang
Reviewed October 30, 2012

All day Western breakfast, too, with bottomless coffee, in the sunny end of the room, surrounded by the travelers' library. I can even buy groceries here: cream cheese, coffee beans (and get them ground), tortillas, etc. Yay!

There are newer reviews for Texas Cafe

Reviewed September 7, 2012

HOWDY! I just came across a Tee Shirt we purchased from you a couple of years ago. We were actually there prior to Oct 2011 but that is the oldest date I could choose on your que) We were traveling through China working with orphans and found the Texas Cafe. Our large group of Houston, Texans were excited to dine with you. The food was such a great taste of home, with a fun atmosphere and friendly service. We loved the shakes, cold beverages, and great food. The high school and university students with us tried practically everything on the menu and loved the food. We would love to return some day and strongly recommend this restaurant. Blessings to you!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Texas is run by wanna-bee Texan, Steve and his vivacious, bubbly, warm-hearted wife Ru. Amidst the antiseptic skyscrapers of Urumqi, the Texas offers a wonderfully homely and relaxing place to have coffee, shakes, and a delicious range of home-cooked western fare. Sofas, wi-fi, and a tumultuous welcome make the Texas a great place to escape the hurly burly of the ever expanding building project that Urumqi is becoming, and retreat down a back alley for travelling advice, food and peace and quiet.

3  Thank hidihidiho
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I just arrived in Urumqi, and based on Texas Cafe's website I found my way to their location off of Renmin Lu (near South Gate) ... and was delighted with the good food and warm welcome! I must highly recommend this place, already a home-away-from-home for me! The cafe also is in a good location, about half way between the central People's Plaza (renmin guangchang) and the famous Grand Bazaar.

3  Thank Marc F
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a lovely, homely restaurant. The food was of a high quality and very welcome after a solid month of Chinese style cooking. My pizza was especially good, it featured real cheese and was huge. My partner would have been happier with a little more steak on his steak platter, but it was the cheapest out of several options, so we'll go for a full steak next time! The wait staff were very friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank Ange0202