All reviews metro station choose this hotel hotel is situated place to stay apartment receptionist diagonally housekeeping privacy china taxi
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Close to the business area. Confortable and big rooms. Easy checkin/checkout. Nice and big bathrooms.overall its a good stay.

Downsides: Hard to find the swimming pool. Breakfast is only for one person per night which is unsual.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Lydia_CSC, General Manager at Citadines South Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Dear guest, thank you for staying with Citadines South Chengdu. We appreciate your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed September 1, 2016

As part of my transfer to China, I had to spend two weeks in a serviced apartment before I found an abode of my own. Due to its proximity to the main Tianfu street, the business district, the metro AND my office, Citadines was the stay of choice. The excellent rates helped seal the decision.

One of the biggest challenges faced while in Chengdu has been communication as not many people speak English except in maybe the larger hotels. Hence was pleasantly surprised to have the reception desk converse with me in English and explain things to me. There is no concierge per se and you end up managing your own bags with the only staff outside the desk being focused on regulating any cars that do manage to come up the drive way which are not many.
One grouse was that despite the two week long stay, I was accorded an apartment on the 10th floor when I requested one on a higher floor. Do not know if it was because the higher floors did not have a Studio apartment. The room was quite clean and looked new with minimal wear and tear. There were two large wardrobes and a smaller one which provided plenty space to stock all my stuff for two weeks including the suitcases. The bathroom was larger than one would expect in Chengdu and well equipped. The Kitchenette had an electric induction stove and microwave integrated in and a kettle. There were plates and glasses as well as a knife stand, but no forks surprisingly.

The workbench was one long narrow unit at the end of the room and with one single chair. Hence, in the evenings after a long day at work, the only option was to find a comfortable position on the chair or crash onto the bed directly. Wifi was quite good with each room having its own router. There was a TV and a miniature boom box for those so inclined to use it.
They did not seem to have an in-house gym and the reception informed me that there was one in the adjacent building which would be complimentary. I had to pass. The second floor has a Launderette which includes a bevy of machines and dryers. This was not informed while checking in and I noticed it only in my second week by which time I had availed the expensive in house laundry services.

Also on the second floor is the café / restaurant. It has adequate space for the guests in the hotel, but is not very big. However, I never did find it crowded between 7am to 730am. They have the standard bread, corn flake, curds and fruits section with a Chinese section inside. The Chinese spread included the regular sauteed vegetables, one section of fried rice and a different type of noodle daily, one section of meat which could be pork, fish or beef and one spread each for eggs and another for sausages and bacon. We had Congee with the condiments and salads as well. For the price, I would say it was adequate. What I missed was a few cheese options though. Also the live counter took some gesturing to explain what kind of eggs were needed.

Room service was efficient and maintained the room well while taking care to keep things orderly. Room temperature was good and so was the lighting. Other in room equipment like the safe, iron and board, dryer, water at right temperature etc. was all appropriate. Overall it was value for money and a comfortable stay. For those so inclined to have a more international breakfast, there is MAAN Waffles and toast next door and Delfa café behind the building plus a starbucks diagonally across the street. Convenience stores are a plenty too. Would definitely recommend this to those looking for a longer stay.

Room Tip: A corner room facing the metro entrance can provide a longer line of sight between the buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank tmanish76

Dear guest, thank you for staying with Citadines South Chengdu and making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We appreciate your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Excellent Ambience and Rooms. Huge Rooms with fully furnished and loaded kitchen. The bathrooms itself is as huge as rooms in New York or Hong Kong. Wonderful cleanliness and hospitality. Best place to stay in Chengdu

Room Tip: Rooms are too spacious and wonderful interiors
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you for staying with Citadines South Chengdu. Receiving such positive feedback from our valued guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed August 2, 2016

This apart'hotel is clean and comfortable. It is a very good solution for a business trip.
The building is really new and the rooms provide a small kitchen.
There is no restaurant, but a very nice bar is available at the first floor.
The hotel is close to Tianfu park (Hi Tech area).

Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
Lydia_CSC, 总经理 at Citadines South Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Room is well designed and very confortable. I booked a two bedroom apartment with a very good price, very high value! Espically the kitchen is well equipped and we can cook!
It is 3mins walk to the Metro, very convinient althrough not in the city center. I had very good sleep here.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends