3,186 results
All reviews horizon club cafe z across the river irish pub bars and restaurants river view concierge staff lobby lounge corner room excellent hotel great facilities duty manager room was spacious fitness center panda reserve chinese restaurant breakfast buffet
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

For the past 4 months, I have been staying 3 to 4 nights each month and enjoying the exceptional personal service of Vera, Yvonne, Danny, Lucy and Elena at the Horizon Club. They always are happy, attentive, and caring to my needs and others around me. I always choose to stay at the Shanghai-La in Chengdu because of the employees desire to make me feel at home when I am away on business.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Thomas G, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Jeff C, I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

There was one guy at the reception especially. His name was George Hu. He was very kind, very helpful (he arranged everything we asked him), our compliments. Everytime we asked him for a taxi, he immediately called it for us, so that the taxi was at the hotel after five minutes! Look for this guy!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Thomas G, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear josephinerikken, we are really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the Shangri-la Hotel, Chengdu soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My favorite hotel is the shangri la in HK.

My first stay in Chengdu shangri la was no disappointment all was nice the check in the room was great and clean. The staff of the horizon on the 36th floor was great and the service was wonderful. This confirms that the shangri la is my favorite hotel group

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Thomas G, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear sgM3813FS, I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with our Horizon. We are really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the Shangri-la Hotel, Chengdu soon. Have a nice holiday!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Excellent service in the Cafe, Biz Center, Mooney's Irish Pub, and the Horizon Lounge.
The rooms are updated and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was really good with stations for Indian, Japanese, Chinese, western (eggs / omelettes), Thai, etc. Lunch buffet was similar. Business Center staff was helpful. Horizon Club was attentive. The Front Desk was very capable and helpful in English. While the food in the hotel is very good, the location is great for other options. Lenbach around the corner is a good German spot for beer and meals. "The Bridge" is right across from the hotel and really is a "MUST" during your stay. The Bridge is fairly new but will become a destination (try it early in your stay as you will want to go back).

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear yosnick, We are really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the Shangri-la Hotel, Chengdu soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Shangri-La Chengdu many times and always choose Horizon Club room because the great service and value. As usual the manager Danney and assistant Yvonne and Lucy were excellent. They made sure great attention was payed too all the guest visiting the club lounge.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Thomas G, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Calvin L, I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the Shangri-la Hotel, Chengdu soon.