“Best in Chengdu”

Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu
Ranked #11 of 2,714 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very Shangri-la standard , no disappointment . Hardware is good, nice bed , nice shower , nice breakfast . But the made up room services is not very good. But I will come back again if I visit chengdu. The people in the hotel provide excellent services . Good location stay away from the busy part of the downtown area but not too far away.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DMM_SLCD, Digital Marketing Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear ommyyam, Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu and sharing the feedbacks with us. We are delighted to be chosen as your preferred hotel in Chengdu and look forward to turning your next visit into another memorable experience.

There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice business hotel ... comfortable ... the rooms are not big by Asian standards ... the service is professional ... not exceptional but professional. The location is good as the roomsmostly have unblocked views ... and right in front is the famous ancient Anshun bridge (most photographed in Chengdu) ... and right across of it plenty of night life ... and further down the road (1 block) ... plenty of night life (Lan Kwai Fong). However, geting a bite to eat is a challenge ... mostly high end restaurants around ... not much malls in the area.

Room Tip: Get the corner room ... they are slightly bigger and have 2 full length windows ... nice ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DMM_SLCD, Digital Marketing Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear EYD, thanks for choosing to stay in our hotel, and share your feedback with us. Your compliment is our most valuable motivation, and we will continue to deliver consistent service and products to ensure your next Shangri-la experience is equally memorable.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I agree with the previous reviews, this Patel is exceptional. The room was incredible, and had a great view of the city. The fitness center and the pool was one of the best I have seen. The breakfast buffet was the most comprehensive I have seen and the quality was exceptional. I would travel to Chengdu just to stay there.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DMM_SLCD, Digital Marketing Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Donald G, thanks a lot for your feedback, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our Shangri-La hospitality and exceptional recreation&breakfast options. Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Around the world Shangri-La Hotels sit amongst the best in town - Chengdu is no exception. But sadly SL Chengdu is not quite the 6-star experience the Shangri-La chain is renowned for in Western countries. The hotel is very good and meets all western expectations - but frankly there are a lot of 4.5 star Hong Kong hotels that do a much better job. The lobby areas and rooms are comfortable and cannot be faulted. The food in the main breakfast restaurant is good and pretty much essential for most westerners to indulge in before tackling a days touring or business. But in the Chinese way the legendary Shangri-La attention to quality and detail is absent. Would still recomend as one of best places to stay in Chengdu - nice place to escape back to.

Surprisingly in-room dining is very reasonable if you want to eat away from the streets (two can eat for less than RMB300).

Room Tip: Most rooms will be good western standard. Look for packages - the included airport transfers, breakf...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

ShangriLa has developed a great reutation through training their partner hotels through out Asia. In this case the hotel needs staffing retraing in most areas.
Specifically, I had room service for lunch one day and recieved food that I could not eat as the taste was horrible. It took nearly 40 minutes to get my luggage delivered to my room. Shoes that were left out to be cleaned were just placed on floor with no indication that they were clean. Even though I am at the highest level of their loyalty program, my room on the Horizon Floor was tattered, and the bed was to hard. People are really nice in this Province, however ShangriLa leaves a lot to be desired. An alterative is the 5 Star Sofitel, however its not the best location to catch a cab.

Room Tip: I always suggest that you stay on the Horizon Floor at ShangriLa, however I would not spend the add...
1  Thank davidruben
DMM_SLCD, Digital Marketing Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear DRuben1330, thanks for your feedback and we too are disappointed with your stay experience with us. We have analyzed related staffing levels at the time of your visit and have made the necessary improvements to ensue that this will never happen again. I hope that you will choose our hotel again when you are back in Chengdu so that we can exceed your expectations during your next stay with us. Besides, could you kindly contact me at shuhong.fan@shangri-la.com so that we can address this issue with you directly?

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used the airport transport service and upon arrival they staff was very welcoming. They brought my bags up to my room and the room was very clean and spacious. The concierge were very helpful with directions and taxi services. I felt very safe and comfortable during my stay. The rooms were quiet with a great air conditioning system! I ordered room service twice and it took about 30 minutes to come to my room. I also ate most of my meals at Cafe-Z which served many different choices of foods including pizza!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Linneh, thanks for your feedback, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our Shangri-La hospitality and exceptional dining options. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Now Chengdu has had the same name for over 2000 years, the oldest city in China to be called by its current name. The Shangri-La hotel is well situated downtown next to the river flowing through the middle of the city. The lobby and reception on the first floor are spacious. Rooms are comfortable and functional, mine on the 30th floor had a view of the river. The pool is full length and double the usual width. The adjoining gym has ample exercise facilities. The spa offers a variety of treatments in a pleasant atmosphere. The staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful. The restaurant on the ground level made a good impression with an excellent variety of buffet selections to chose from. I only spent one night here in early March, but plan on staying here when I return to Chengdu on my next trip in April. I like to return to a hotel that leaves me with a good impression. At Shangri-La hotels in China, I have always been greeted with a smile. I look forward to my next stay at the Shangr-La in Chendu.

Room Tip: Select a room with a view of the river.
1  Thank Juhani J

Dear Juhani J, Thanks for your feedback, and choose us as your preferred hotel in Chengdu. We are glad to know you are coming back soon on this April, when is a breezing spring season here. Hotel is going to re-open our outdoor terrace then, offering fusion enjoyment of afternoon tea, and weekend BBQ delights, which is accompanied with various BBQ dishes, an outside bar, and live music brought by an international band. Hope those information could enhance your next stay experience with us, and if there is anything that I could help, please feel free to contact me through shuhong.fan@shangri-La.com.