“disappointed”

Ibis Hotel (Chengdu Yongfeng)
Ranked #978 of 2,704 Hotels in Chengdu
Beijing
“disappointed”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the good reviews, but have to say that I do not agree. The location is convenient to the airport, but it's on the crossing of two major streets (second ring road and Yongfeng road) with a huge construction site in the front. The rooms have good windows, so with closed window it's quiet, but with open window it's noisy. I am especially dissatisfied with the guy at the reception who did my check in, he gave me wrong information about the opening times of the Chengdu Panda Base, even after I asked him to check online. He also insisted it's difficult to find a cab driver who is willing to take me there and he organized an overpriced cab for me that didn't show in the morning. Luckily, it turned out to be easy to find a cab driver on the street for a much lower price. The other service staff were nice and helpful, though not too experienced in dealing with tourists. I speak Chinese so I don't know about their English skills. The room was clean and okay for the price. The breakfast was reasonable for 25 Yuan.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
J H, General Manager at Ibis Hotel (Chengdu Yongfeng), responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you indeed for your comments, the good news is that the construction for the bridge has been finished, and now the access to hotel become very convenient. I would apologize for the unsatisfied experience you had in the front office, we have trained the staff well and it is easy to get a cab by reservation in advance, the service provided by one professional taxi company from Singapore. All in all, I wish you would have time to come back and let us have another chance to provide better service to you.
Thanks again for staying at Ibis hotels
Hotel General Manager

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Title - Terrible hotel - avoid at all costs

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport as we waited for our transit flight the next morning.
This hotel fails to deliver on many levels:
1) Our booking with hotels.com was automatically cancelled by 6pm without any notification hence we were informed there was no room for us when we checked-in due to its high occupancy ;
2) As I could speak Mandarin, I manage to negotiate with the reception and miraculously after 30 mins of negotiation, there was a room available for us but to be paid in cash even though we have already paid in full with our hotels.com voucher;
3) reception service was very poor and at midnight, there were at least 5 other guests standing in queue for at least 30 mins;
4) location is poor -construction site just in front of hotel so it was very dirty and no taxis are willing to drive in;
5) To get a taxi, you have to walk out to the main road which is near the highway and many taxis refuse to stop for you. Thus, its extremely difficult to get a taxi at off-peak hour;
6) reception is aware of taxis issue but when I requested for help, they simply admitted that its not in their hotel duties nor job scope to help you;
7) Rooms feel dirty with basic amenities.

Overall, terrible and unpleasant experience - avoid at all costs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Globaltrotter1303
J H, General Manager at Ibis Hotel (Chengdu Yongfeng), responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks again for staying at Ibis hotels
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff was struggling with the email that I provided to them of my booking and were not sure of the rates to charge. The receptionist had to go back and forth several times to the back ofiice for interpretation of what was in the reservation confirmation form over email as if it was a new thing to her, if not the first experience.

Finally to my disappointment, they did not give credits for my stay to my LeClub Account, even after giving the no., telling that they can do so only if I present the A/Club card. In all Novotels and Ibis Hotels, they have credited the points without presenting the card till now.

Not the same professional standards as other Ibis/ Novotel hotels. Quite a disappointment in fact.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ManishVarma
J H, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Hotel (Chengdu Yongfeng), responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you indeed for sharing your comments. I would apologize for the unsatisfied experience you had in the front office. Actually there was some matters in our front operation system that can't automatically log on the A/CLUB, but a good news is that the sysytem was updated this year, so the problem would not happen again. We're sincerely looking forward your coming back!

Thanks for staying Ibis Chengdu Yongfeng Hotel!
gold coast
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We think ibis hotels in china are good value for money although staff do not tend to more than they have too! We asked for close by restaurants and they directed us to get taxi to kfc haha we were not interested in kfc so they explained where local place was....the problem is we were told to walk over the bridge but it was actually a tunnel under which we didn't even notice haha eventually we realised we were on the wrong side and crossed at the lights and walked back and ate one of the best meals we had in china....even though the staff didn't speak a work of english which is all we speak! When we returned we explained and the poor girls didn't understand! We came to chengdu to see the pandas and it was worth the trip amazing place! next time we hope to go for longer and go out of the city over night on tours to some of the other amazing sites in the area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed here because of a planned visit to the Panda Research Centre. When we arrived the receptionist said we were booked at the other Ibis hotel in Chengdu. As my husband who had been based in Chengdu, was able to give proof our booking, this caused a flurry of activity to sort the rooms. We had asked for a no smoking room, and it was obvious the last occupants had ignored this. Luckily we were able to be offered another room. The hotel is located close to main roads, arriving late at night, it was difficult to tell whether it was a good location or not.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple