All reviews people's park washing machine metro station great hosts cooking facilities major attractions tianfu square felt like home narrow alley recommend staying here stay there again excellent location four nights comfortable bed dumplings hot water walking distance
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for the traditional hotel amenities of having room service, hotel bar downstairs, maid service daily, etc. this is not the place for you. If you’re looking for a more unique localized experience “living” in an apartment complex decorated panda style, with great hosts, this is a better experience than a hotel. Location, location, location. Did we mention great location?! Short walking distance to the metro to get anywhere and major attractions. For backpackers like us, we enjoyed experimenting what it’s like to live in a high rise apartment building, going out to the restaurants in the neighborhood, having access to a washing machine without having to sink wash our clothes, and it was extremely affordable. If you’re being dropped off by taxi or walking from the metro station, you should be looking for a non-descript 20+ story high rise apartment building in a residential area. Linda has a very detailed book of information in English and Chinese on tourist attractions, transportation details, as well as maps. She didn’t miss any details in making sure her guests are well taken care of!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018

The beds were a little hard other than that the apartment was perfect, close to the markets, the peoples garden, and not far from the train station, bikes outside the door to hire. In the old centre of Chengdu. Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 12, 2017

The Chengdu Panda apartment is completely worth the price with an awesome location (walking distance from the sightseeings, subway, restaurants, mini markets and banks with ATM) !
I spoke with Linda a couple of times before my check in date and she was SUPER professional and patient and helped me arranging some tours to make my trip even more comfortable and enjoyable. Plus she speaks good english.
The room I stayed was the Studio type and the decoration is simply adorable !!!
It was actually bigger than i was expecting, very spacious, clean, with air con or heater and theres also a heater under the bed which was perfect since I went during the winter time. They provide towels, toiletries, hair dryer etc; you don't have to worry about anything. The shower is amazing, very hot and strong water and you also have a washing machine inside the room.
Theres also several mini markets and supermarkets downstairs the building with fresh fruits and drinks.
They also allowed me to check in earlier.

I was in love with my room and if I could, I would have stayed more.

I completely recommend this hotel apartment !

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank gisa842017
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and would recommend this place
- close to the metro and surrounded by eateries
- I stayed in a single room which had all the basic necessities such as a comfortable bed, charging stations with different wires, snacks, coffee and a washing machine which I really appreciated
- everything in the room is panda themed, even the cups and plates
- Echo met me at 10pm when I arrived and explained that everything about the room and showed me a folder with instructions and tips for various tourist attractions

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Bottom line: great location, superb service of staff (Linda and Echo), great rooms. I have no complaints, we had a great experience.

Long story: our bags did not arrive at the Beijing airport so we were 4 days without our bags. We arrived to Chengdu with nothing but a small bag. Linda met us near the hotel and guided us. The hotel is located behing the main Xiao nan street, right next to a green grocery shop. It is a regular apartment building, and the hotel has several floors/rooms for guests.

We were in a Queen room that had everything - clean sheets, hot water, tv, towels and free wi-fi. Linda and Echo felt our distress over the bags and helped us immensly with calls to the airport and airline, while insisting on us continuing our trip and not miss out on anything while they make calls. They were so friendly and helpful with tips of where to go and what to eat. We could always contact them using the WeChat app.

Eventually we got our bags and left Chengdu, only to return for another two nights in the Studio Apartment (we were upgraded :)). It was so great staying there even when we were so upset about our bags. I highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Go with the queen size or better, it's not too expensive but it's really nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Chengdu Panda A, Front Office Manager at Chengdu Panda Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear Mayan,

We are so happy to hear that you’ve found a home away from home here in Chengdu with Chengdu Panda Apartments. I also want to personally thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here. We are hoping to see you again here at Chengdu Panda Apartments sometime soon!