“Average Park”

$36.00*
Chengdu Half-Day Bike Tour
$54.50*
and up
Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding Research Base and City Highlights...
Ranked #11 of 347 things to do in Chengdu
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visited this park on the weekend. Of coarse it was loaded with people. It did look really nice and it would be a good stop. But try to avoid peak hours if you don't like crowds.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I went there on a weekend early afternoon, thought that was going to be like a nice stroll around... it turned out to be one of the most lively places in the city! Full of locals enjoying dancing, singing, eating, drinking tea, checking the "singles" boards, taking pics, it was awesome. I was particularly impressed with a senior guy writing Chinese characters with water in the paviment... beautiful! And a candy vendor that was making awesome caramel figures... roosters, boats, lot of them! The people dancing was so enticing... they were really enjoying it!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

RenMin Park is just a small distance from TianFu Square. This is a wonderful place to visit as do many citizens of Chengdu on a daily basis to walk, exercise, sing and have get-togethers, lovely flowers to see and do much more to do. I wish that I had been able to make just one more visit here before leaving for home in England. ps The date of my visit was well before the start of this years calendar 2013.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Even with a family of 3 young children, there was lots to see and do that kept the young ones entertained. There was chinese calligraphy on paper, chinese calligraphy with giant brushes to write on the ground; magnificent candy sculptures to munch on.

For the adults, it was a great place to see life go by in a cosmopolitan Chinese city. Where young and old, old and new, tourists and residents all come together in one giant melting pot.

It was a good way to spend the greater part of a morning.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had my ears dug at Heming Tea House 鹤鸣茶社. Sipped tea. Watched people play cards. Browsed the profiles of people on the match making market.

I loved it. My kids found it boring. But we were all amused watching this dude smoking as he danced. See my youtube video "watch?v=a6WuIAr4I_Q"

TIP:
Ears digging at the tea house is only 20 Yuan. But when he nonchalantly says "let me clean your ears alright?" you should say no. Because later he will show you a card that says: "Ears digging 20 Yuan. Ears digging plus cleaning 100 Yuan". Grrrr.