“Heaven in Chengdu”

Ranked #2 of 2,676 Hotels in Chengdu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Heaven in Chengdu”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is by far one of best hotel stay experience I had in China, was upgraded to club floor during my stay and the services that I received was impeccable, as Club Floor guest we are not only entitle for lounge access but also free usage of Mercedes chauffeur driver car within the inner-city limit area. Club Lounge Manager Bryan will skillfully watch on every guest and ensure good service and privacy are also given.

The hardware: The room are spacious, luxury modern chic-style, comfortable, full of creature comfort amenity, Nespresso machine, auto-curtain, luxury marble bathroom with Toto smart WC which is very much welcomed , this is a property specification are build beyond any standard 5 stars facilities. The location of hotel is good in central of Chengdu and never too far from any local sighting and shopping.

The software: Amazing service is the only word, attentions to details are truly excellent and grateful from Chamber lady, driver, doorman, to guest relationship, all of them will provide more than what is expected from their role to ensure the wellbeing of the guest been taking care of.
Service level: this hotel will do what others can’t period! For example, I was in the need of Citibank ATM and our driver will drive across the town just to locate the place for me and also one of my friend forgotten her phone charger in the hotel and Club Lounges relationship executive Agnes offered to deliver it personally after her night shirt cause it’s the address given are close to hers….

I must congratulate the management of the hotel to provide such a high level of service standard, personalize training and attentions to detail are mind blowing. This is a gems not to be miss and will return again and again. This should rank #1 in Chengdu hotel ranking!!!

Room Tip: Go for high floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiantian K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to write such a wonderful review! I have personally thanked Ryan, Agnes, the drivers, guest service staff, housekeeping and our Butler team for all they did to make you feel at home in our hotel! I was especially touched to read about the personal service Agnes provided to you. I know with comments such as this our team will be inspired to offer even better service to our guests in the future!
Warm regards,
Chris Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
sgtpepa
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on their 4th day of being open. When we heard it was gong to open while we were there, we changed our reservations from the Shangri-La and took the risk of whether or not the bugs would be worked out. And we saved some money due to grand opening specials.

Almost everything was perfect. The room was decent size, clean and brand new. The toilets were the Toto Neorest 600 that costs between $3500-$5000 in the US. The floor was heated in the bathroom, and the towels were plush.

They had a tremendous buffet for breakfast and lunch that consisted of truly international fare. There was nothing that I think I could have told them to add. In fact, one day we had lunch and had to skip dinner as it was so plentiful. For the most part, the staff was excellent though some were a little green in some areas.

Now for my complaints.

The bathroom did not have small hand towels.

My room included breakfast, but they said that I had to eat in the dining area and if I took room service, that I would be charged. So when ordering just a couple rolls and coffee, my bill came to about $36. Ridiculous when the buffett was about $45 and was as spectacular as it was. Obviously the second day, I ate breakfast in the dining area.

The major complaint that I had was the lack of english speaking help. When we called to have turn down service, it was a major communication problem. Then when the maid came, she really did not understand anything and kept saying I'm Sorry. I do not expect that everyone should be well versed in English as I basically only speak one language, but if this is going to be an international hotel, then they need a better understanding of English to communicate with foreigners that speak English as a second language.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sgtpepa
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Did not stay overnight, but went to Flair bar on 27th floor for the 2-1 Champagne bottle promotion. Was very impressed by hotel design, staff and service. Next time will definitively stay here!

Good location as it's near LKF and bar street

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends