“Good base”

Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
Ranked #36 of 2,714 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Have been to this hotel on a number stays in Chengdu.
Staff are friendly with a good level of English.
Nice lobby area and good German beer house although expensive.
Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel and much cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, and thank you again for aways staying with us to be a regular guest!
Hotel locates in the core area of international South Chengdu, where a lot of restaurants and entertainments are. We are looking forward your next stay and come with more valuable comments.

There are newer reviews for Kempinski Hotel Chengdu

Reviewed December 10, 2010

I`d like to write about Paulaner brewery located at the ground floor of Kempinski hotel. It`s an interesting place with a big copper boiler in the center and a bar around it. There`re also a lot of tables in the hall.

Firstly, it`s worth to visit it because of beer that is brewed here. Probably, it`s not that Paulaner which you can taste in Munich, but it`s also very nice.

Then, as this hotel is a part of world 5-star Kempinski chain, the service is very good.

There`re also some show programm on weekends and other significant days.

Even if you`re not staying in this hotel in Chengdu, you may be interested of visiting this hotel and it`s restaurant with its Paulaner beer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Dear Boris_texnic,

Thank you for your contribution and review of our Paulaner Braeuhaus in the Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.

We keep as much as possible to our traditional standards. As you mentioned, the beer in every micro-brewery will be slightly different and therefore one-of-a-kind! Our Bavarian Brewmaster ensures that our beer quality is of the highest level and that the brewing process follows the Rheinheitsgebot of 1516. We offer everything from lagers to boks.

If you are looking for more, than turn to the menu with classic dishes such as pork knuckle and schntizel. Our live entertainment, delicious food and quality beer are sure to delight you on your next visit.

We will continue with our traditional standards and hope to please more guests such as yourself in the future!

Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed at the Kempinski for one night while in Chengdu for business. The rooms are good - with comfortable beds, fast internet connection and clean bathroom. The breakfast buffet is good, with lots of Chinese and western choices. My rating is only 3 stars because the hotel felt a bit old/tired, there was no health club available (it is "under construction") and the value for the money was only average.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2010

Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing and staying with Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
We are always pursuing a delicated and attention to detail service to asure you a confortable stay from A-Z in the hotel.
Hotel has opened for 6 years, we are planing and under taking a hotel facility renew now this year and in the upcoming 2011.
I hope hotel could impress you with its new fresh look and feeling upon your next stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I've been to this hotel last year during my business trip in the Sichuan area.

I've just spent one night here.

The hotel looks great. Frankly speaking I cannot map this hotel, if it is close or far away to the center since I've not been to Chengdu but visited the shifang area.
The hotels has nice modern rooms with confortable and clean baths full of various amenities.

A good thing is that inside the hotel there is a Paulaner Brewery and for me after several days of Asian food eating a good sausage and a nice draft beer it was like being in heaven.

The hotel is about 15 minutes far away from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing and staying with Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
We are glad that our service and hotel made you a pleasant stay in Chengdu.
Our Paulaner Braeuhaus & Restuarant locates on 1F is populared by many expatriates in Chengdu who loves authentic German food and fresh brewery beer.
We are looking forward your next stay with us and your valuable comments.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed at the Kempinski last month and was very impressed. The hotel was clean, affordable, and cozy, just what I needed in Chengdu. I do have to say that the staff was the icing on the cake. I ate dinner at Kempinski many nights during my stay, and I was always greeted by a smiling, friendly staff in the dining area in particular. They made my dinners quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

Thank you very much for choosing and staying in Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
It is lovely to hear about your compliments. We are pround of our smiliing, friendly staff.
I will pass over your comments to our restaurant staff that it will be their drive to deliver more excellent service to every single guest .
Thank you again and with all the best

Reviewed January 20, 2010

Though this hotel is no way near the business center, it is easy to get a taxi to downtown. The hotel reception service is good, hotel room is big and looks clean. The breakfast buffet has variety and it also has a chinese restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I have been to Chengdu a few times on business and I think it is an ugly concrete monstrosity of a city. I therefore didn't hold out much hope for the Kempinski Hotel....but I was pleasantly surprised! I thought the rooms were very good for the price that I paid and I had no problems with the service.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Katlesh