stayed September 2013 for 10 nights business
- rooms clean and good amenities, though a little dark. Ability to open a window was nice, bathrooms were marble and spotless. The room also had UK and European plug sockets.
- free wifi in room and in lobby was good and connection was strong throughout the visit.
- breakfast buffet good choices of lots of western and asian foods, though many dishes the same every day which can be quite boring for a long stay
- german beer cellar had a nice terrace to sit out on in the evenings and enjoy a range of different beers. Menu is very German though, so be warned.
- the pool and gym are in good condition and are quite quiet for residents to use (and the hotel was pretty full).
Not so Positives:
- location - not much in the way of restaurants or shopping around the hotel and need to take taxis to get anywhere, which can be quite long journeys in the traffic.
- language barrier - the staff struggled with english most of the time, and need more support to understand guest questions (e.g. at reception and concierge)
- the german beer house can get quite rowdy with large groups of non-residents and this can spill out into reception area, making it quite uninviting late evenings.
There is a small convenience store out of the hotel, turn right and the first street on the right hand side to get a few essentials. Further down the street is a large Carrefour hypermarket and some restaurants.
Remember to take a card from the concierge with the address of the hotel on in Chinese, to make sure taxi drivers can drop you off at the correct location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leading the way with remarkable European flair, the luxury Kempinski Hotel Chengdu is located in the "International South Core" of the city near consulates, shopping districts and high level office buildings. Hotel is 50 meters away from the subway station and a 20 minute drive, from Shuangliu International Airport, placing the Kempinski Hotel Chengdu the ultimate destination for your stay in Kempinski Hotel Chengdu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Chengdu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chengdu Kempinski Hotel