This is really a 3.5 star hotel.
The good things about it are.
1. Location. It is only 400 metres to the Metro. This is very useful. At the end of my stay I walked there and got the metro to the East Rail Station. It only takes 45 minutes. Much better than a taxi (Chengdu gets blocked up by traffic in the rush hour), nice and relaxed by metro so long as you do not have heavy bags. The hotel is also only 15 minutes walk north to Temple Square, so it is pretty central.
Well... thats the only good thing about it.
1. The rooms- not as good as most Sofitels hotels, but average 3.5 star quality. At leaast there was a bath.
2. Breakfast. Not at all special, indeed very average. Not as good as brakfasts in other Sofitels I havce stayed at. Certainly n ot sufficient variety of fruits. No pineapple available. The one slightly good thing was that they did have good French bread. The problem was that is was not all that fresh.
3. Staff. On the positive side they do try to be helpful. Congratulations on most of the service. But it is the little things that really count. I was asked to sit at a table directly facing a column where the opposite seat should have been. Very strange when there were plenty of other free tables with a view.
4. Gym. The gym is very small. I just has the minimum equipment. I never saw any staff there.
1. No air conditining, just a warning or cooling system that you cannot control. I wanted much cooler air, this was not possible. I could not open the windows which were locked shut.
2. I wanted to upgrade to the Executive floor. This was not possible. The floor was being used for a corporate event when I went there. What a pity.
So for me a most forgetable experience. I will try the Fraser Suites next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chengdu Taihe luxury hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city on the picturesque Jinjiang River. The hotel is a 20-minute drive from Chengdu International Airport and 15-minute walk to Tianfu Square and the citys commercial centres.The 162 Luxury Rooms and 100 Suites accommodate guests in French elegance with a subtle Chinese touch. Every detail has been attended to for an extraordinary experience from the indulgent Sofitel MyBed to fragrance lighting entertainment and technology.Three inviting restaurants delight with Chinese Japanese and Western flavours while 3 bars offer a choice of fine drinks to savour. Leisure facilities include the spa fitness centre indoor swimming pool Jacuzzi and sauna for male guests,. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Chengdu Taihe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Wanda Chengdu Hotel Chengdu
- Accor Wanda Chengdu
- Sofitel Chengdu
- Chengdu Sofitel