2,514 results
All reviews water park paradise island resident manager shopping mall under one roof mr roy huge building pool side indoor waterpark largest building in the world amazing hotel business trip rooms are beautiful the entire staff the hotel staff home away from home breakfast buffet is
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel with nice person. Especially Jim of Concierge is a very nice person. He always try his best to serve his guests, You'll feel really 5 star service. I'll come again and will recommend my friends as well.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
MarComGC, General Manager at InterContinental Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

"Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and enjoyed our service as well as other facilities. Our chief concierge is always striving to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations with his team.

Please do not hesitate to contact with us any time if we can be of assistance to you for your next stay.

General Manager"

Reviewed May 9, 2017

This is far the best hotel I have stayed and experience in my entire 40 years of traveling around the globe ! I have not seen a hotel as giant as this especially in China. I was told that this is the largest single building structure in the world today. My just one night stay has given me lots to remember. The room was large with spacious balcony, bathroom was generously spaces as well. Service was overwhelming friendly and cheerful staff around. I particularly like the Paradise Island Cafe where I have my peaceful breakfast by the poolside. The buffet spread was great and the cooking station Chefs were very helpful helping me with my food order. Special mention to Chef Herry Ying and Chef Kevin Yang. Overall I rate this hotel truly 5-star !

Room tip: water park view
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
MarComGC, General Manager at InterContinental Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center and sharing your valuable comment. We are glad to know that you are impressed by Chef Herry and Kevin service. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our facilities and service.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Simply amazing.

This property looks like a Vegas resort with massive hallways and polished marble - except it blows any Vegas property away. The staff are simply extraordinary. They speak fluent English - better than many American or Englishmen.

We were upgraded to a club room with lounge access. The lounge is open until 11 pm with light snacks and drinks. There is an evening happy hour with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

The property has two swimming pool sized hot tubs plus a very large regular pool.

The property connects to a large mall. Unless you are thinking Mall of America you are not thinking big enough. The Global Center is the largest building in the world (with some debate when compared to the Boeing 747 production plant in Washington - depends if you could square footage in the building or the floor) and it houses an IMAX theatre, an ice skating rink and hundreds of shops and restaurants. It is really convenient because everything is an easy walk from the hotel. There is also a metro station in the Global Center.

The rooms are huge and beautifully appointed. The bathrooms are spacious and amazing.

I did find that the wifi faded in and out a bit and was censored.
The A/C was excellent - but won't go lower than 23 or 24 degrees.

The property is about 20 to 30 minutes from the airport - maybe 40 minutes if it's rush hour. Get a cab lined up in advance in the morning flight because the mall is not open early so there are not a lot of taxis waiting.

Bottom line - this is a huge property - just shy of 1000 rooms total - in 4 sections with about 250 in each. It is really really nice. There is strong recognition and appreciation for IHG Ambassadors Don't hesitate to stay here.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center and sharing your valuable comment. We are glad to know that you had a very good experience overall. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our facilities and service.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

In my 30 plus years of staying in hotels around the world, I must say that this hotel far exceeds even my expectations! Not only is it a beautiful hotel it is very comfortable. I feel like I am on a mini vacation while I am there. The service is excellent. The staff is friendly and welcoming from the moment we walk thru the doors. I think that excellence starts at the top. Roy Tan leads his staff in this welcoming environment. He always makes sure all of his guests are comfortable and well taken care of. He is a very caring and personable gentleman. I look forward to staying at this wonderful hotel again and again! Nothing compares! Nancy Conley

Room tip: I have never had a bad room at this hotel.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
MarComGC, General Manager at InterContinental Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear Ms. Conley,

Thanks for staying with us at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center and sharing your valuable comment. We are always striving to provide our guests' warm welcoming and comfortable environment.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Hotel in a enormous leisure complex. The volume doesn't help any personal experience or attention to details. Not sure if business or leisure hotel. Good location, good value for money. Good breakfast. Not for me.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
MarComGC, General Manager at InterContinental Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and spending time to provide comments, only through which we are able to continously improve our service and quality levels. I have read through your comments in details and we will build it in our continuous quality improvement plan. Our vision is to create a Great Hotel Guests Love and I believe you will have a better experience during your next stay with us.