“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #29 of 2,668 Hotels in Chengdu
Chicago
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We enjoyed our three-night stay at the Sheraton Lido. The rooms are up-to-date and modern, though a little on the small side. The two "double" beds were really large twins--it would be difficult for two adults to sleep in them, though I was able to sleep with my petite 9 y.o. daughter.

The bathroom was very nice, with a separate bath tub and shower.

We thought the service here was very good--maybe not as polished as hotels in larger cities--but really more than adequate. Everyone--from the front desk people to the concierge to the waitstaff in the restaurant--seemed eager to help us out. We had some trouble with our wi-fi at the beginning, but were connected with a very good and patient help desk.

The breakfast buffet had more Asian offerings than western, but was good. We ended up ordering off the menu a couple of times both a breakfast and dinner. Food was fine.

Overall a very good place for us to stay in Chengdu.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
"Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, with regards to your comments, we promise to improve our room standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northants
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The high humidity is taking its toll on this hotel which smells of damp. The room was clean enough but quite small and the windows were very dirty so it never felt entirely light.

Internet access is almost impossible.

The pool and fitness centre are of a good standard. The restaurant for breakfast and lunch was particularly good. The staff were also helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms are hot, to keep them slightly cooler turn off the heating system in winter as there is no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have had a number of stays with Sheraton but this is the biggest disappointment.
The limo I hired from the airport absoilutely stank of stale cigarette smoke
Upon check in (I am a SPG member) was told that there was no non smoking room (which was clearly in my preferences.I had booked WEEKS in advance and am a SPG member I could not accept that there were no non smoking rooms. After an upleasant period of time (this was 11.30 pm) the second manager found me a room (only after i asked them to find me another hotel) -with the smallest wardrobe i have ever seen, so small that the door does not close (room 2002 from memory)
I asked for a foam pillow and was met with a blank look
I had been left a message before check in advising me that my customer meeting the following morning had been changed forward. i did not get the message and so missed this appointment by almost an hour
on the last day, spent working in the room, I was treated to an unbearable noise from the stadium getting ready for a concert outside my room plus the drilling from the renovations
finally I waited an hour for a call from overseas which could not be put through to my room (the caller told me that the hotel could not understand his instructions), so i never got the call
I did get given access to the exec lounge and given a nice panda bear... but this does not come close to a recovery I am afraid
the staff are also very nice
and the croisants are great
the gym is very odd though, strange layout and minimal equipment- and you need to go ooutdoorsto go back into another entrance to the pool
Sorry :(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pom1964
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you received during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu. Please allow me to apologise to you again for the non-professional staff behaviour.And if you would give us another chance, I will surely make it up to you with our sincere. And Please allow me to introduce our new decoration grand floor to you, which has already been coming out into the market, and the feedbacks we recerived about it are all positive. With regards to the problem of room facility issue, I have already informed the housekeeping department about the wardrobe.
Thank you again for providing us the information.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was on a business trip and this is the best hotel in town. The rooms were comfortable, but the service was quite slow at check out. Service at the executive lounge could have been alittle more attentive when compared to other 5 start properties. I think they are trying and trying to figure out western standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, with regards to your comments, we promise to improve our service standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Sheraton Lido has comfortable beds, a pleasant staff, good food and is very pleasant. The breakfast and lunch buffets are very diverse, with something for everyone. There is an excellent, upscale Chinese restaurant and it is centrally located.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guests, thank you very much for your reply and we were very glad that you like our hotel, looking forward your next visit.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very VERY helpful staff, the concierges spoke english very well, and were very helpful. The whole hotel smelled great, and the rooms were cozy. We had a great couple of nights, definitely worth the price. Also in a good location, as there are small shops on the same street and Carrefour is a 5-10 minute walk away

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location is good and the staff were helpful but we were forced to change rooms because the shower drain plugged and the maintenance man could not clear it. They said that they upgraded our room to compensate for the inconvenience but the next room was smaller and the bed was broken on one side. After checking-out, they had forgotten to include the breakfast (overpriced) charges and called the cab driver that was taking us to the airport to see if it would be acceptable to add the charges to my credit card.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you received during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu.With regards to the problem of room quality issue ,please allow me to introduce our new decoration Grand room to you ,the grand floor are brand new set-up and has very good reputation,it is sured to make guests satisfaction the services we provide, i have already inform FO office staff about the problem they casued, and we will promise to re-training all related staff to make sure the quality of service.
Thank you again for providing us the information.