“Trying to be a 5 star hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel

Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel
Ranked #31 of 2,639 Hotels in Chengdu
Mt. Vernon
“Trying to be a 5 star hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was on a business trip and this is the best hotel in town. The rooms were comfortable, but the service was quite slow at check out. Service at the executive lounge could have been alittle more attentive when compared to other 5 start properties. I think they are trying and trying to figure out western standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, with regards to your comments, we promise to improve our service standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Sheraton Lido has comfortable beds, a pleasant staff, good food and is very pleasant. The breakfast and lunch buffets are very diverse, with something for everyone. There is an excellent, upscale Chinese restaurant and it is centrally located.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guests, thank you very much for your reply and we were very glad that you like our hotel, looking forward your next visit.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very VERY helpful staff, the concierges spoke english very well, and were very helpful. The whole hotel smelled great, and the rooms were cozy. We had a great couple of nights, definitely worth the price. Also in a good location, as there are small shops on the same street and Carrefour is a 5-10 minute walk away

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location is good and the staff were helpful but we were forced to change rooms because the shower drain plugged and the maintenance man could not clear it. They said that they upgraded our room to compensate for the inconvenience but the next room was smaller and the bed was broken on one side. After checking-out, they had forgotten to include the breakfast (overpriced) charges and called the cab driver that was taking us to the airport to see if it would be acceptable to add the charges to my credit card.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you received during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu.With regards to the problem of room quality issue ,please allow me to introduce our new decoration Grand room to you ,the grand floor are brand new set-up and has very good reputation,it is sured to make guests satisfaction the services we provide, i have already inform FO office staff about the problem they casued, and we will promise to re-training all related staff to make sure the quality of service.
Thank you again for providing us the information.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Located next to the Chengdu Sports Stadium and within walking distance Tianfu Square (& a statue of Chairman Mau) this hotel is fairly central and has easy transport connections.

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. All the staff were very friendly and everyone I encountered spoke excellent English and had a good service mentality. Check-in and out was handled efficiently.

The room had all the facilities I would expect of a Sheraton and was both clean and in a good state of repair, even if it did look as if it has been a while since it was updated. This, I believe, is reflected in the price. In my experience, the Sheraton brand is not at the top end of the Starwood offering and my expectations factor that in.

I ate breakfast which was wide and varied with both Eastern and Western options. I also ate in the Chinese restaurant on site and found it to be of a good standard.
Of particular note though was the staff in the lobby bar. I noticed they had Pimms on the menu so ordered one. When the barmaid said this was the first Pimms order she'd ever taken I explained how this would typically be served in England the barmaid went off and got me a sprite and some freshly washed mint. Now that is service!

Both the Concierge and the Doormen responded well to anything I asked of them, from advice on what to do with a spare day, how best to navigate the city and securing taxis for me - nothing tricky but it is all in the communication and delivery.

The lobby as a wifi corner with a number of computers set up for guest use. Some of these use an English operating system and some Chinese. Use if free for an hour per day. This is quite sufficient given the restrictions on site access.

If there was one thing I'd say there was room for improvement is the minimal seating available in the lobby. Yes there is the bar and the wifi area but apart from that there is just one set of chairs for about half a dozen people.

I didn't make use of the lido or fitness centre.

Room Tip: I liked my room overlooking the sports stadium
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu. It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay and our hospitality, and we will continually strive to deliver the warm Sheraton service and high quality products to our guests. It is also very encouraging to know that our Concierge team had made your stay a memorable and wonderful one.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been to Chengdu a few times and first time I stayed at this property. It is a very central location and was recently renovated, although after reviewing the rooms it is difficult to tell. The rooms appear a bit out dated still and my shower was broken when I arrived. The staff was overall attentive, however, there are still some language barriers at this hotel when compared to others as I often had to call multiple people and have my colleagues help explain to the staff what was broken. The internet and other amenities work well and it's an easy location to get around the city.

My biggest grip though would have to be the location for taxis. Around 6pm it took >25 minutes to get a cab at the hotel and we were the 2nd people in line. Compared to other hotels in the area the wait was much longer. The staff overall was very helpful and they were doing their best to run down cabs on the streets, but this is something to be aware of. Overall solid property and good value and location, but getting around can be difficult with the lack of transportation options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel,
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused that during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu in May. With regards to your comments, we promise to improve our service standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having read some of the reviews here, I was a little apprehensive about selecting this hotel for my business trip but chose it anyway due to its proximity to my office. Requested specifically for a renovated room and got a great rate which included breakfast and internet.
1. internet speed - great
2. rooms - spacious, very clean
3. breakfast - extensive western and local/asian offerings and the best part, fresh juices!
4. location - PERFECT! The Luo Ma Shi subway station is just around the corner, malls close by and all the key tourist spots are in the vicinity. Cab fare to the panda spot is around RMB40, to People's Square RMB10, etc.
5. service - both at the check in, room service, restaurant was all consistently good

My only advice: try to avoid the cabs waiting at the side inside the hotel as they work in cahoots with the bellboys/concierge (although they will all deny this, I know this for certain and even caught one concierge boy whispering to a cab driver to "be careful" with me as he had seen me throw a fit at the hotel with a cab driver who drove me on a ridiculously long and unnecessary ride) and on almost all my trips with these guys waiting outside, I've either been taken on a joy ride or for cab rides to the airport, they try to ask for a flat rate. I don't mind paying $$ but I hate it when these guys waste my time by taking me in circles. It's not difficult flagging down cabs outside the hotel (on the main street that is) and I've never had any trouble with those cabs on all 30 cab trips I made!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu. It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay and our hospitality, and we will continually strive to deliver the warm Sheraton service and high quality products to our guests. It is also very encouraging to know that our new Gramd floor had made your stay a memorable and wonderful one. We will continue re-decorate our old rooms by changing the carpet and furniture, welcome you to take a visit next time to grade our effort. Also, I am terribly sorry about what happened with the concierge thing, I have already reported this to FO Team and please believe me we will fix this situation ASAP. Thanks again for chosing Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, we are looking forward to serving you again!