“Nothing special”

Mike's Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 3,180 Restaurants in Chengdu
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Mike's Pizza Kitchen is a Sit Down Restaurant serving American Style Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches, Salads and Snacks. Wine, Beer and Full Bar also available.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm a big fan of pizza, so one day I had a craving for pizza and cheese. So my friend and I ordered pizza with veggies and one of those giant cookies and had it delivered (which takes took them more than an hour).

The pizza was ok, quite small, but with lot of cheese and veggies. I didn't like the dough much, because it was quite thick. The cookie was yummy.

I don't think I would spend that money on that pizza and cookie again

4  Thank RenataM893

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friends and I stumbled across this nice little restaurant when travelling in China this winter (stayed in CD for a fortnight), and boy I was nicely surprised!

I have been to lots of places and have always been a fussy eater, and I've got to say this is one of the best pizzas I've had (certainly in China), almost only second to what I had in Salerno. We had Br'er Rabbit, which gave a good kick of spices and Snow White(pizza ai quattro formaggi). The base was nice and crusty since the pizzas are baked on pizza stone. All ingredients tasted fresh and full-flavoured. It's hard to get perfect cheese in China, but apart from that both were just fantastic. The price is actually quite cheap compared to the quality you get. Mike made all the pizzas himself and the staff there were really friendly.

All in all it's been a lovely experience. Don't get me wrong I am a big lover of Chinese food, but it's certainly made sense to have a change after eating with chopsticks for 50 meals in a roll. Whats more, It is heartening to be in a friendly, relaxed and family-like atmosphere like Mike's, and eat food prepared by someone who obviously cares about what he does. Thumbs up and I will defo go back when I'm in Chengdu again.

2  Thank Adrian L
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Mike's makes some of the best pizza we've ever had in China. The crust is truly good; better than most I've had even in America. The toppings are good and the cheese is generous by Chinese standards. We were lucky enough to get one of the three or four tables in the restaurant (most of the business is delivery) and the owners chatted with us amicably while we waited on our order. We'll be stopping by Mike's every time we're in Chengdu.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

lazy to go out in chengdu's winter, so got the number of mike's pizza fm friends. tied one time, very good taste, good service.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great atmosphere, defiantly best pizza place in Chengdu.. Great service and awesome food!! What more can u ask for? Also has wifi... It's a good place to relax, has a small friendly feeling. We came here for the first time on Christmas Eve and was welcomed with some free homemade eggnog,,, was a beautiful mixture with a nice dose of whiskey and a secret mix of other alcoholic ingredients :p .... Would defiantly come again,,enjoy...:)

1  Thank larry P
Mikes_Pizza_Kitchen, Owner at Mike's Pizza Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thanks again for that bump, Larry. It was great meeting you and I really hope you make it back to Chengdu and our little pizza place next time you're travelling.

Been to Mike's Pizza Kitchen? Share your experiences!