“Very Interesting”

466 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This museum is more centered to children, but I still found it to be very interesting. It is situated in a great location in Tianfu Square in the heart of downtown Chengdu. I don't think any adults would found this museum dull or boring. The only problem was that many displays were not turned on or operational. We were told that everything is on during peak visitation hours. The entrance fee was 30 Yuan which I found to be reasonable for the quantity of displays featured inside.

Visited January 2014

Sri Lanka
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not so great, but it is OK to spend an hour or two”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We wen there just to avoid the rain when we came out of Tianfu Square Metro station. It is just behind the giant Mao Statue. No one there to explain anything except sleepy security guards. there were random announcements about some shows or activity, but the announcements were not clear because of the 'echo' and the accent, and the museum is quite big to go and find by guessing.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank nish1231
Long Beach, California
282 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“change of pace”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I decided to visit the museum as a change of pace while touring china. The museum exhibit had alot of hands on demos. Most of the technology seemed dated or really focused on basic technologies. The space exhibition on the first floor showed the rocket program within china. I got a kick out of the tumbling domino exhibit always entertaining. This would be an ideal place to take kids and let them play with the exhibits.

Visited July 2013
Chengdu, China
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“OMG boring. Great for children, not a place to visit otherwise”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I think part of me died of boredom in there.

If you have children, this is probably a museum for you.

As for me, I had to go to the PSB and I had an hour to blow. In retrospect, that hour could have been better spent people watching at the subway.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Interesting to visit”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was interesting as it was so basic, yet had a lot of good hands on exhibitions that our kids enjoyed.

Visited February 2012