“Wonderful hospitality - a chic and stylish hotel”

Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel
Ranked #25 of 2,686 Hotels in Chengdu
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful hospitality - a chic and stylish hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have seldom taken the time to write a review for the many hotels I have visited but Rhombus warrants a worthy mention.
We are still at the hotel and am pleasantly taken aback by the welcome we received when my daughter and myself reached the hotel at 9:30pm after a rather long journey. The GM was there to greet us and ensure that we both were comfortable. We then visited their restaurant Soulmate which served us a delicious dinner.
Ooh and did I mention the rooms are fabulous - spacious, lovely bath, bathrobes, English channels and the bed!!!!! We sunk into it with pleasure. :)
This morning was no different - Daniel who is at the reception helped us plan our day - from suggesting places to visit to booking tickets to the Sichuan Opera - he efficiently did it all. Am having a great time here and didn't want to wait till my stay was over to writea review.
Thank you Raymond and your entire staff for the lovely time we are having here.
To all those reading, don't think twice about booking this hotel - it's location is perfect, breakfast great and the rooms lovely - and the cherry on the cake is the warm hospitality.

Room Tip: Bathrooms with a view definitely!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Amber, It was wonderful to meet you and your charming daughter Esther this weekend and on behalf of my entire team we thank you for the great comments and response. I take great pleasure in hearing situations where my team have done well and demonstrate 'real care' about our guests. We all read these reviews and I know it will motivate us even further. We are glad you had such a great stay in Chengdu and we all wish you a safe and pleasant onward journey.
Warm regards, Raymond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chengdu, China
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My third trip to Chengdu, my third stay at this fabulous hotel... and I've booked my fourth trip and plan, once again to stay here.
Rhombus Fantasia is the best place to stay in Chengdu, (and I've visited many of the others listed) it's one of my favourite hotels in the world and I travel frequently!
When staying in China it's made easier, and you learn more about where you are, when the staff are so extraordinarily helpful and attentive.
I feel very much at home here and look forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: The three different rooms I've stayed in are all great! Every room is a sweet suite :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Fxponential
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Fxponential,
On behalf of my entire team, it was so nice to see you again and we are all looking forward to your next visit soon! I am very proud of my team in that they do their best to go out of their way to help our guests enjoy their stay in our Hotel and City. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments! Warm regards!
Chengdu, China
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed for three nights, the room was very clean and modern with two flat screens and a great bathroom, especially the tub. Gym have enough equipment and pool was clean as well. Staff are very friendly and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Simon,
Many thanks for your kind review on your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed our facilities of the gym and pool as well as your room. I hope you will come back to stay in our city and we look forward to welcome you again soon! Best regards!
Amritsar, India
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Read a lot of good reviews about this hotel but was taken aback at seeing its g50 rooms which were old n need immediate renovation . There air conditioning system seems old n rooms don't get chilled .
I had three rooms , two interconnecting g50's as they had only this category offering interconnecting . These rooms are pathetic , old rooms with ineffective air conditioning n even small insects.
Was given a fee upgrade for one room to g60 which was good n modern .Air con was better on this floor.
Staff is really good n cordial n will go out of the way to help u .

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank vs_1498
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear vs_1498,
Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay with us at Rhombus Fantasia. All feedback is received with an open mind and so often it is the feedback of a negative nature which help us to improve. Unfortunately we only have 4 connecting rooms and as you point out they are not among our best, they are scheduled to have a makeover to improve the level of comfort. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our other room type G60, in fact the majority of our rooms are this category, more than 100 rooms are the 60 sq metre suites. I hope if you return to Chengdu you will consider us and please contact me directly on gm@rhombuschengdu.com to assist you. Thank you for the positive comments on our team and their service.
Kind regards, Raymond Moore
Reviewed June 13, 2014

It was my first time in Chengdu and I were very impressed with the design of the city, friendliness of the people and the value this hotel offered. The room was big and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and just missing a light summer blanket/sheet as I didn't want to turn on the aircon high and use their big blanket. The bathroom has a bathtub and a separate shower room which I haven't seen in many other places. What surprised me most is the variety and quality of breakfast selection. There are enough there that I can eat all day . I looked forward to it every morning and enjoyed the rest of my day visiting all the tourist spots. The hotel is very close to the main shopping street and train station so I took the train on most of occasions as it is very convenient and I don't need to speak the local language. The whole trip was so much better than I expected so I will stay here again next time I am in Chengdu.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Loan N,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments on your stay, we are delighted you enjoyed your time spent in our city and Hotel! Thanks for the good breakfast comment, Chef works hard on providing a balance in variety and maintaining good quality. Next time you stay please do contact me directly for your booking at gm@rhombuschengdu.com and I will make sure we note your preference of a lighter duvet for your additional comfort! Thanks again for writing and we sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again at Rhombus Fantasia Chengdu!
Cartagena, Spain
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nice hotel in a good location with lots of restaurants close by. This is an all suite hotel, when we checked in we were given a nice sized suite but when we entered it smelt and there was a large wet stain on the floor by the bathroom. I called reception and a manager came and immediately moved us to a larger two room suite and apologised profusely. Great service, no argument just fixed the problem and upgraded the client that's how it should be done.
When you book here they give you breakfast but only one per room, very odd the second guest has to pay. But, when you do you will find one of the very best breakfast selections you will ever see absolutely fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear David,
Thanks a lot for your extremely kind comments, from yourself as a seasoned traveler they mean a lot. Obviously I would prefer if mistakes not happen, but I was delighted to know our philosophy of empowering the duty managers to make almost any adjustment necessary to rectify any issue affecting your comfort and stay in a negative way. We believe that you not only need us to listen to any problems but we need to take immediate action if something has gone wrong to put it right. Good to hear this happened in practice. I was also happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, Chef's efforts are being rewarded and he will be delighted to read your comments. On the room rates, we do provide rates without breakfast, or with 1 or 2 breakfasts. Not sure from where you booked the room, but next time please do contact me directly at gm@rhombuschengdu.com and I will be happy to take care of your booking personally. Kind regards and hope to see you again!
Reviewed May 31, 2014

So much space in the rooms!english tv channels and a coffee maker. Comfortable bed. The hotel will buy your train tickets for you for 20 yuan service fee per ticket and deliver to room. Amazing selection at breakfast!waffles and pancakes along with all the typical Chinese food...top class!
Easy to hail a taxi and they taxis in chengdu are metered and all the same...bargin with them for longer trips-70 yuan at most to panda sanctuary and 30 min drive

• Stayed May 2014
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Gwen,
Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us this note on your stay. We are proud you enjoyed our fabulous rooms and had a good nights sleep. Our whole team read these comments and I know when they hear such kind words it motivates them to care and provide even better service. So glad you enjoyed our breakfast as this is a most personal meal and the balance is difficult to strike to please everyone but our chef's try really hard. For any visitors coming to Chengdu, it is a different China, the most laid back and non-aggressive people and I am happy you got to see that and enjoyed exploring our city. I hope you had a safe onward journey and we get the chance to welcome you to a Rhombus Hotel again soon! Best regards, Raymond Moore