Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel
$191
$248
$180
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate seating areataikoo libar counterdeep bathespresso makerdressing arealiving roomrecommend this hotelseparate bathtubgenerous in sizedeluxe suitehotel location is gooddvd playerguest service managerclose to shopsfree upgradeother hotels
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Nice hotel which is 5 minutes walk from Chunxi Road shopping and 15 minutes walk from Tianfu Square. There's a metro station nearby and the river with all its bars and restaurants is only a short walk away. Our room was very spacious with separate living area, fantastic bathroom, 2nd toilet etc. Very comfortable bed indeed!

The area is safe, although there is quite a lot of construction work going on nearby. Fortunately this finishes at 6pm every day so there is no noise to disturb you overnight. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening, but the breakfast was of a good standard with both western and Chinese dishes available.

I like a cigar once in a while and they were happy to provide a smoking room. My wife particularly liked the foot massager machine in the room :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your very kind words and taking the time to review your recent stay at our home and Hotel. Indeed all our rooms are suites, large and spacious from 50 sq metres to 135 sq metres, and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your time in our Hotel, Home and Chengdu City. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Chengdu or at any of our other Rhombus Hotels! Next time don't hesitate to contact me directly for your booking gm@rhombuschengdu.com

Warm regards! Raymond

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rhombus Fantasia Chengdu Hotel is in a truly fabulous location.... in a truly burgeoning Chinese City!!
Location-wise it's situated minutes from some of the best shopping opportunities in the World.
Renmin at times feels like Rodeo Drive - Los Angeles, meets Chapel Street - Melbourne, meets Champs Elysees, Paris.
Rhombus Fantasia Chengdu strives to be one of the many Arts Hotels in the World. I'm posting this review from 'Soulmate' Restaurant where the food is extraordinary, the wine (and I'm drinking the 'house' variety) and the entertainment, is worthy of accolades.
I'm here to do work but I've many amazing distractions...one of which is the bath in my room (bigger than my apartment in Melbourne!!) - there's room enough for two, even three, people! And the Hermes products? well, it's tough, NOT!!!
If you visit Chengdu you simply must stay here, you won't be disappointed :)

Room Tip: They're all good... but go for the room where the baths have a view!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Fxponential,
Thank you on behalf of my entire team for your gracious comments on your stay with us at Rhombus Chengdu! We are delighted to read of your experience and enjoyment of your time in our Hotel, Home and Chengdu City. Naturally we agree with all you said wholeheartedly, and look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Chengdu or at any of our other Rhombus Hotels!
Warmest regards!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This really is a hotel with 2 sides. I will start with the good. The rooms are great. They are very big, modern and comfortable. The only criticism I can give the rooms is that perhaps one or two of the features seem more gimmicky than functional but this is a very small issue. The rooms really are great.

And now for the rest. The lobby is small and underwhelming and at check in the staff spoke just enough English to get the job done but no more. Breakfast is very disappointing and not even close to the standards of the rest of the hotel. It is about 50% Western food and 50% Chinese. As much as I love Chinese food i'm sorry but I don't want it for breakfast, and the western breakfast really isn't very good. The coffee is terrible.

An important tip if you stay here is DO NOT USE THE TAXIS THAT WAIT OUTSIDE. They are looking for tourists and will try and rip you off and refuse to use the meter. Instead hail a passing taxi, this is not normally difficult.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Toasty11,
Thank you for your coments regarding your stay with us. We take your positive comments and say thank you, we appreciate you enjoyed the rooms being large and well fitted.
As an international Hotel our team needs to communicate very well in English and since January this year have a European English Teacher working with us full time. Your point about breakfast being 50% chinese food is per our location and guest based, however we notice many of our guests like to try something new, so we are expanding our selection of both Western & Asian breakfast items to fulfill this. The good news for coffee is we have changed our coffee to a delicious Italian brand. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some time in the future with your family and know you will appreciate the improvements. My sincere thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, without it we cannot improve and understand what our guest wish for. For a future stay please do contact me directly at gm@rhombuschengdu.com

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Although it does not offer much nice view outside, but the hotel room is very clean, new, tidy, and nice. The hotel room is very spacious and staff are very very helpful. The cafe at 2F offers buffet and breakfast.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms with King size bed is very nice. The higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased that you choose us on your recent visit to Chengdu, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team are very happy to read your comments on their helpfulness and your kind words will surely motivate them to even higher standards. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chengdu!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed in Dec 2012 and back then, hotel was near new, 1 yr from memory.

The hotel is so modern that exceeded my expectation for Chengdu. I loved the design of the room even though some guests might have different view. Floor to ceiling window, bath tub next to the window, great quality granite bathroom was my favorite. Love the couch by the window it's simply so comfy! The evening tea and biscuits they prepared before turn down service is a plus. Loved the bar!!!

The only downside is that there's no view outside the window despite the beautiful design of hotel and the floor to ceiling window. Back to Dec 2012, no tall building outside my window but they were gonna start some construction across the street. Having said that, this is Chengdu and I didn't expect there's ocean view or river view.

A lot of buttons for lights and I enjoyed playing with it. It's more like an artistic hotel than a convenient place for sleeping and business.

Location wise, it's not too far from anything. Not the most centralized location but we didn't have any problem with finding anything we need, convenience store, restaurants and shopping centre are all within 5-7 mins walk.

Couldn't remember exactly what the breakfast buffet is like, didn't surprise me or disappoint me. Again, as this is in Chengdu, you don't want to make yourself too full in restaurant. Time to go out and explore all the chuan spicy food!

Love this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves boutique, trendy hotels.

Room Tip: We were in a Executive Suites facing the street and it was on high floor. Even though not much view, but there's nothing disturbing you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ChriStyle,
Our team were very happy to read your kind comments and that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. This is our goal for every guest. Thank you for your generous feedback, your recommendation and we do hope to welcome you back soon at Rhombus!
Warm regards!