“the area is a really nice suburb” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu

Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu
Ranked #54 of 2,639 Hotels in Chengdu
Lima
“the area is a really nice suburb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed there for some months, I have to recognize that it was not my ideal place but compared to others it was the best choice for a combination of service, neighborhood, surroundings, easy access and convenience. Close to the subway, quite well maintained, full of shops around, banks, restaurants, supermarkets, malls, different types of stores, green areas. Staff is very polite and actually the one in the restaurant were really welcoming. Previous management was very responsive and proactive, not sure how is it going now (not that good judging by some reviews). Breakfast as in many other long stay aparthotels is biased towards chinese/asian food (nothing wrong with that, just that I would prefer more western type), having said that you can always order eggs whatever style you want. I didn't like the fact that for my likes the rooms were quite dark, I like bright places. All in all no complaints, it is right in frontof the Tongzilin area where lot of expats live, so you have plenty of choices and services across the other side of the subway. Has a nice gym but I stopped going since they turned off the a/c and I was not able to exercise with the air coming out of a vent (dusty).

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms on the top floors are better and bigger.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Henry L, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, responded to this review, July 14, 2015
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and hope you to be our guest again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Location is great near the subway station, facilities ok, breakfast average. Main problem for me, they do not differentiate between smoking and non-smoking floors. Hence the room smell of smoke as long as someone on your floor is lighting up a cigarette. Furthermore, windows are sealed, can't even ventilate within the apartment. This is especially bad for people with allergies. Although they claim to have a air purifying and circulation system, it does not seem to have any effect. Probably bearable for short term stay, but definitely not recommended for long term stay with kids.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank star3006
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience in our hotel. Even though there are some problems, all of our staffs will try our best to provide better experience for you. If we are lucky to have your reservation next time, please send e-mail to our reservation department via reservations.orfc@oakwoodasia.com, we will provide private service for you. Please receive our sincerest apology and hope you to be our guest again.
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hotel was recommended by frequent travelers who spend long periods of time in Chengdu, and the Oakwood seems the right place for those trips: Service in good (but could be faster), hotel is clean and well kept. Breakfast is OK, dinner is simple but good quality western food.
The hotels location requires subway travle to local attractions and shopping markets, but the subway station is a short walk away. Behind the hotel is a 7-11, good for stocking the refrigerator in the room (coffee & tea are replenished daily).
Unfortunately the fitness center only opens at 6:30AM, this is not early enough for business travelers on tight schedules. The pool and fitness machines are new and good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, thank you for your review. Hope we can serve you again in the future!
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The apartments are so quiet inside even with the noisy streets outside. Perfect night's sleep! The area is quite residential, with private apartment blocks just next door. Theres a convenient 7/11 round the corner and the bakery next to the entrance has wonderful pastries for breakfast or tea. Round the back are restaurants and across the street, is a great massage place called Changle. Its is very clean and professional - try the one where they step on your back!. Service is pleasant and efficient at Oakwood and the people are very good.

Room Tip: All are pretty quiet cos they have good double glazed windows
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My Husband stayed in this service apartment for 5 weeks due to work. I flew over to join him on his last couple of days we stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. It was clean, looks very new and the size is very generous. Our kitchen was full of utensils and was cleaned everyday. We had a hugh tv in both the living area and our bedroom.

The service is spot on, even though there is a language barrier they still try the best to accommodate you and help you find your way to where ever you want to go!

The swimming pool is very clean, they will not let you in unless you have a swimming cap on! They have a change room with lockers that requires an electronic bracelet to open - free of course. The showers in the change room is also kept very clean. They also have a sauna in the change room. I didn't get to go to the gym but it is right next to the swimming pool with a glass wall separating the two.

Breakfast is reasonable, they have their typical asian breakfast which includes congee, noodles, chinese donuts, pork buns etc as well as catering for westerners they also have the American hot breakfast and cereal.

Location of the hotel is near the wangfujing shopping centre. The centre is well worth a visit, it is big with all different kinds of shopping stores from clothes, restaurants and even a supermarket downstairs.

I would definitely be staying here if i was to visit Chengdu again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Naaone
Henry L, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,Thank you for choosing Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, and we also thanks for your precious review. Hope we will see you again at Oakwood, thank you!
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in Oakwood for 1 night. Hotel itself looks great, brand new. I got a room upgrade and ended up in this 150 square meter apartment with kitchen, washing machine, huge TV, etc.

While huge, the apartment was very cold. The air conditioning made a lot of noise and provided no improvement so I hd a pretty poor sleep.

One more issue to with mentioning, I arrived rather late, after 10pm and the hotel had no open bar. No bar in the room either.

All in all I have seen better in Chengdu, but for the price here Oakwood is a good choice. But not in winter time.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AriesInMotion
Henry L, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,Thank you for choosing Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, and we also thanks for your precious review. For the air conditioning issue that you mentioned,
we feel sorry to about that. And our engineer will check it consistently. Hope we will see you again at Oakwood, thank you!
Chengdu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was shocked when I saw used underwear and tissues in the right drawer of the desk in front of the mirro in the bedroom while I was serching for internet wire.And the room was cold without air-conditional functionally working, I called the frondesk immediately and asked for my room to be changed, but I was told since the manager was not on duty, they could do nothing.She only gave me the password of the hotel wifi.
about 7am this morning, I called the front desk again about the airconditioning problem and requested a meeting with the manager so I could persuade some reasonable personnel to help me out with this mess. I was simply told the manager and the engineer would not work until 9, when I was back again in the room after breakfast, I called the frontdest again, I was told they were busy with the morning meeting, and I had to wait at least 10 minutes. the fact was a Mr Zhao Ben Wei, entitled chief engineer came to my room at least 35 minutes after my call. Two more ladies from the Housekeeping Department came another 20 or 25 minutes later, and the Financial Controller Captain Ip came to my room at 2pm, and nothing happened so far
How can a five-star hotel treat customers like this?
I am so confused.
and I am sitll waiting for their "five-star" reaction, which is supposed to be more prompt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

1 Thank chaizhixian
Henry L, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Oakwood Residence Funder Chengdu, and we also thanks for your precious review. For the issues you mentioned,we did review your comments carefully and we feel sorry to what happened before in our property. We did the related investigation for your case, we improve our services consistently. Hope you will give us the chance to restore the Oakwood brand image for you.

Thank you!