“Fantastic Fraser Suites”

Fraser Suites Chengdu
Ranked #6 of 2,730 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed April 12, 2014

On my short 3 night stay in Chengdu i stayed at Fraser Suites, and if i ever go back to Chengdu, i wont have to think twice where to stay, it cannot get better than Fraser Suites.

The suite i had was very spacious, with a lot of storage room, in the bathroom, in the 2 closets between the bedroom and the bathroom and in the entrance. As i was in Chengdu as a tourist, i didnt actually use all that space, but still it was great to "settle in" and not having to cram everything into a small closet like it is often the case in hotel rooms. Great kitchen area, with everything (including a washing maschine, a rice cooker, mixer etc.).

My suite was on the 33th floor, so great views. I like that 2 windows open (without posing a risk to fall down), i really hate hotel rooms where you cant open a window and cant get some fresh air.

Very nice indoor pool. Lovely breakfast buffet, with a good choice of western and asian dishes, and very good coffee as well.

The staff was extremly friendly and helpful. For example, when i arrived, upon learning that i'm a tourist, the bell boy brought me restaurant and sightseeing recommendations. This is what for me makes Fraser Chengdu better than just a great hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank nathalieyes
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear nathalieyes,

It’s always great to have a good review by a top contributor of TripAdivsor. With your vast experience of travelling and staying at various hotels, you are able to make a valid comparison about your stay and expectations. What’s more amazing was that you were a solo traveler.

Nathalieyes, thank you for such a wonderful review. I too agree that a suite is far better than hotel rooms. It’s really a home and the comforts you get for a lesser price is certainly value for money. As for our people, what can I say, they are the best team I have ever worked with and their service comes from their hearts, and that’s what makes it so special.

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us. Do come back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Location is very central. Near Shopping , supermarket and food stalls. Heated pool and provided swim cap . Loved the massage chairs in the retreat room, put me to sleep. Service was impeccable and efficient. All feedback was remedied almost immediately. Washer and dryer was useful. Laundry powder provided. Mattress and pillows gave good support and provided a good night sleep. Breakfast spread had an amazing variety. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: The drivers tend to horn a lot when they drive. Closing the black out curtains at night cuts out alm...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fannybaey

Dear Fannybaey,

What a wonderful picture of you with your family. Thank you for your review on your stay at Fraser Suites Chengdu. It will be nice to have your family with us on your next trip.

I remember that you made a trip to JiuZhaiGou with your friends this time. It is really a magical place of tranquil serenity and peace. I trust you had a good time there, especially this season with all the flowers in full bloom

Thanks again Fannybaey for the wonderful review and looking forward to your next trip with your family.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very efficient check in, check out. Very friendly staff, who are really helping you and not just pretending. Serviced studio spacious, very clean, confy bed, well equipped. Pool is great. Breakfast Chinese and western. Location very central.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne S
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Anne S,

Thank you so much for your concise but complete review on Fraser Suites Chengdu. I realize that it is actually much harder writing less than writing more, especially when it covers everything you wish to say in three and a half sentences. Your review did just that and we really appreciate its completeness.

Thank you once again Anne S and we do hope to have you with us again real soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

From the moment we arrived in Fraser Suites we were highly impressed. Beautiful lobby, very (very!) friendly and efficient staff and rooms ready for check-in despite us coming at 11am. Rooms (2 bdrm and studio suites) were great - nicely furnished, light, spacious, clean with comfy beds and high-quality linens. Kids loved the pool and the playroom next to the dining area and everyone liked the breakfast. Location was also fab across the street from a Carrefour shopping center with lots of dining options and around the corner from both luxury as well as local shopping. The very helpful front desk staff organized at a moment's notice an incredible English-speaking guide, Lilly (5904062@qq.com) who made touring the city a real pleasure for all age groups from 5 to 72 yo. I just wish we had met her on the very first day and done all our activities with her! The ever smiling staff (and then Lilly) also arranged a private car with driver to shuttle the 7 of us around the city in perfect comfort. Only small negative was the bland lunch at the hotel, but we should have known to not eat there in a city so renowned for its local cuisine. So all in all really a perfect weekend. Thank you Fraser Suites!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear 123sarka,

What an interesting title for your review on Fraser Suites Chengdu. Thank you so much for your compliments across three generations. It just goes to show that no matter how old you are, Fraser Suites Chengdu will give you an experience you will never forget. As for the 'bland' lunch you experienced, we have replaced that semi-buffet with our regular ala carte lunch with much better offerings plus a weekly rotating menu.

We sincerely hope to have you and your friends with us again should your travels take you to this part of the world.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A great place. From check in to check out.
Perfekt for kids with a big play room and special child pool.
I stayed before in many Shangri-La`s and other 5 star hotels.
But your service are outstanding. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear MichaelCarlsson,

Thank you for your short and concise review of your stay at Fraser Suites Chengdu. I remember your family and your beautiful daughter. She is simply adorable. It would make our day to have you all back again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed in a "one bedroom executive" room in this hotel in March 2014. My trip was for business.

I was absolutely delighted with my stay at Fraser Suites. It was my first time in an apart-hotel, and I loved it. I will never stay anywhere else in Chengdu if I can help it.

PROS:

- This might sound funny, but I was thrilled with the fact that there was a washing machine in the kitchen. I travel for weeks at a time, and I have to depend upon hand washing and hotel laundry services (which get expensive), and I don't always have time for either. When I was at this hotel, I was thrilled to be able to throw my clothes in the washing machine and to have everything look, feel, and smell clean. International business travelers, I know that you know what I mean!

- Everything works, internet is fast and reliable, and I had plenty of space to work. They even have an ethernet cord in the desk that is long enough to stretch to the couch in the living room (I like to work with my laptop in my lap on a couch as opposed to on a desk). So, I was able to take advantage of a very high-speed connection while sitting in the way that is most comfortable for me. Plus, the couch is very wide and long; I am a tall person, but I was able to put my laptop on the couch and lie on my stomach to surf the web and Skype with my family. My chiropractor will scold me when I get home, but I was happy and comfortable!

- Lots of storage. If I ever have to stay in Chengdu for an extended period, this is where I would stay. It was so nice to be able to put things away and to feel like I was in an apartment home, instead of in a small, cluttered hotel room, stepping over my suitcases all the time.

- Nice big bathtub. Again, I'm tall, and it was nice to be able to fit decently in the bathtub and relax my sore muscles, letting the warm water and bubbles just take away the stress of the day.

- The kitchen is well-stocked with tools (which I appreciated, though I didn't need to use them). There is a lot of counter space, which was great because, at one point, my boss and I had to put together mailing packets, and we had plenty of space to sit and spread out all the materials we needed. A very useful space.

- Lots of amenities in the bathroom, which is great for those of us who forget to pack some of the necessities.

- Very good shower with rainfall shower head.

- Hotel service was very solid, typical of Chinese hotels (in my experience). I would love to be able to find that level of service and solicitousness in American and European hotels.

CONS:

- The washing machine is great, but it took me a little while to figure out. The symbols on the machine didn't really correspond with laundry symbols that I know, and I didn't seen any instructions anywhere. Still, I managed to get through the load without any issues.

- There is a TV in the bathroom mirror, which is great, but I would have liked it more if it was in the wall over the tub. Would have been nice to relax and watch a movie.

Seriously. Those are the only two cons. LOL I'll definitely stay here again. Great rooms, great value for the money, great location. I'll take it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nadia R

Dear Nadia R,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Fraser Suites Chengdu. I totally agree with you when you say that having a washing machine in the room makes great sense for a business traveller. You have total control on your laundry and the best part of it is that it does not cost a dime. That really takes care of one big headache. I also especially liked that you liked the long ethernet cord. Not many people still use the cord as the wifi would suffice. I laughed at the thought of your chiropractor scolding you.

What you said about the benefits of being in an apartment versus a hotel is spot on and make perfect sense. All business travelers should stay in apartments rather than hotel rooms. It just makes your business trips so much more convenient and hassle free.

I was concerned about you not having seen our washing instructions on the inside door of the washing machine closet. This just goes to show that we really need to highlight these sort of things upon check-in to avoid such inconveniences in future. As for the TV in the bathroom, I totally agree with you. Some of our bathrooms have it configured that way but not all bathrooms due to the way they're laid out. Thanks for highlighting these.

Overall, I am glad you had a wonderful stay experience and look forward to your return trip soon. Thanks again Nadia R.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great location, amazing room great views. Lots and lots and lots of storage space if someone needed a long stay. Everything you need for comfort. Dressing room, very large bathroom with seperate shower and TV in thte mirror :)
Reception staff are wonderfull and very attentive
Spa and pool perfect and very quiet.
Will defiantly be back when I next visit my son in Chengdu ( to do his washing )
Breakfast buffet was very extensive and well run, large airy room with great staff

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with good views it's well worth it 1403 is a good one :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear MessymeShefield,

I can't help but notice that you are a Top Contributor of Trip Advisor with 76 reviews and 45 hotel reviews in 51 cities. WOW. And to have you writing a great review about Fraser Suites Chengdu makes it all the more worth it. Thanks a million.

Its great to know you will be back soon. Our washer/dryer machines are wonderful and can do the job of washing your son's clothes well, but nothing beats mom's washing for sure. We do hope you will have time to visit the city and the surrounding places of interest when you come next. Chengdu is really a delightful city that rarely sleeps.

Would love to catch up with you for coffee the next time you are here.

General Manager.