“Superior value for Western amenities”

Fraser Suites Chengdu
Ranked #1 of 319 Specialty Lodging in Chengdu
Chengdu
“Superior value for Western amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

There are very few hotels in Chengdu that will be comfortable to the traveler desiring Western amenities, such as spoken English, Western food, service-minded staff, clean swimming pool, clean children's play room, and enforcement of the no-smoking policy. Fraser is one of these few hotels. It is truly 5-star, to boot.

It is superior to the other 5-star hotels in Chengdu with regard to value. The room rate is similar to the other 5-stars, but it offers a free breakfast that is extensive, and apartments that have kitchens and are more spacious.

The service is superior to Shangri La, another Chengdu 5-star which I have stayed extensively. The Guest Relations Officers are especially service-minded. One of them provided two maps in as many days, each populated with stickers she applied, showing locations of schools and play gyms for my daughter. She also provided accompanying papers that she processed, describing the schools. I did not explicitly request such. She did this on her own, prompted only by my queries. That's superior service that you will not find at Shangri La, or any other hotel in Chengdu.

The hotel is adjacent to perhaps the most upscale retail mall in Chengdu, the Yanlord. It is walking distance from two Starbucks.

I recommend Fraser Suites as a 5-star hotel that will not disappoint the Western traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Joe V,

We cannot thank you enough for such a wonderful review on your recent stay at Fraser Suites Chengdu. My people and I are just so thrilled to have given you a positive stay experience.

I am so very proud of my Guest Relations Officers. They are totally motivated and take initiatives beyond what is expected and moreover, they will go out of their way to ensure your stay in nothing but fabulous. Thank you for appreciating them and I know they are just so happy that you had a wonderful experience here.

Joe V, thanks again for this great review and we hope to see you again real soon.

Danny Lingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Lovely big rooms (I got an upgrade to a premier suite) with all mod cons. Great gym with plenty of equipment and a quiet room next door to stretch. Great breakfast on the 7th floor. If you are going to Chengdu look no further.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sagsma
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sagsma,

We are thrilled to have given you a great experience here at Fraser Suites Chengdu. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We look forward to your return visit soon.

SoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stay exclusively at Hilton properties and am currently writing from a suite in the Beijing Conrad. My wife was really set on visiting the Panda Base in Chengdu, so we flew into CTU from LAX arriving at the Fraser Suites around midnight in preparing for our driver to pick us up at 0730. Point being, we needed a solid night of sleep in the worst way. I was completely satisfied by the accommodations, friendly staff and overall experience. The room was quiet, had light meal preparation facilities/utensils and was clearly prepared/stocked by a staff that thought everything through.

Because we were in Chengdu for barely 12 hours, I can't comment on most of the facilities, but did get up early enough for a stop by the seventh floor for breakfast which was perfect. There was a bounty of selections: meats, cheeses, local favorites, egg/omelet bar and fruit to hit the high notes.

The bottom line is based on my short stay, I would look no further if I am back in Chengdu...huge no brainer that I will 100% stay at this property.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra to book a one bedroom suite...well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoCalSchmedley
Dear SoCalSchmedley,

Thanks for your vote of confidence and your kind review regarding Fraser Suites Chengdu. It's such a pity your trip was so short. We sincerely hope your next visit will be longer and that way you can experience our Retreat room equipped with full body massage chairs, various menu options of Singaporean, Indian, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Western fair. Moreover, we have an excellent outdoor Terrace Bar and a well equipped gym and a wonderful indoor heated swimming pool.

SocalSchmedley, we look forward to your return visit soon with much anticipation, so you many also experience our wonderful, warm and caring people, who will surely give you a great stay experience. One that you will never forget.

Generel Manager
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

If your looking for a great hotel, central location, and professional staff I guess this hotel is pretty much what your looking for. My experience is based on a stay of 6 months at the Fraser Chengdu and I am from the Netherlands.

The facilities and rooms are already mentioned in other reviews, and I cannot agree more that they are of excellent standard. Another thing I enjoyed was the sport facilities, good yoga room, fitness facilities and clean swimming pool. Nothing to complain, and I am a picky person. Also there is a shopping centre across the street. And a western import supermarket, just 2 stops with the subway at raffles city (~10 minutes). The room service food is good but the menu could use some more frequent updating in offering, but not a serious deal breaker. If you there for a short term stay its no problem, for long term stay it is actually not a problem either, as there are good restaurants nearby.

Another thing I enjoyed was that on the 6th floor there is a nice bar, where frequent activities are organized by Fraser. That helped me to quickly meet the other residents.

Key differentiator for me was the friendly and professional staff. Whenever you need help from packing a bike for shipment, a doctor, finding good restaurants or tips where to buy the best rice wine, just ask for Mia, Shawn or Erik. They helped me to get quickly up to speed with finding my way and feeling home in Chengdu.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have a good view over Chengdu City The rooms and the gym have an ai...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeroen s
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Jeroen S,

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us. We are so happy to have given you a positive stay experience. I couldn't agree with you more with regards to our people. They are professional and highly motived and know Chengdu well and nothing is too much or too difficult for them. Thank you for acknowledging their services and I am sure they will be thrilled to receive your complimemnts.

We will be introducing a weekly promotion menu in our Dining Room which will feature a different set of menu from the main menu. This way, guests such as yourself can experience a variety of choices during a long period of stay. Moreover, as you have rightly pointed out, there are many good restaurants nearby as well.

Jeroen S, once again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to your return visit should your travels take you to this part of the world again.

Buckie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here in the last 2 months. On both occassions the staff and facilites have been excellent and I have no complaints at all.

On my last visit welcomed warmly from the doorman to being checked in by Gina the receptionist very professional indeed and easily communicated in English.

Sean another team member was also extremely helpfull and very pleasant in answering all my questions.

If you have a desire for high end designer shopping then this location is only a few meters away from many global brands.

Thanks to all the staff at Fraser Suites.

BHJ

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear jappyfamily,

It was great having you back with us again. Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I will be sure to pass your compliments to my team mates. I know they will be thrilled.

Jappfamily, once again, thank you so very much.

Chengdu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fraser is a great place to stay at. The service is reliable, on time and in many cases exceeds your expectations. I’ve been staying at Frasers for 8 months now and have been enjoying every moment living there.
The staff is friendly, approachable and always supportive in giving guidance and tips on what touristic attractions to visit and when is the best time to do the visits. Everybody at Frasers speaks English!!
With its Swimming pool, Gym, and Business Center there’s always something to do for the different members of the family! It has a nice restaurant with a wide variety of food which ranges from western type to Eastern type. In the evenings you can grab a drink by the bar at the terrace and enjoy the music.
The location is convenient as it’s close to the famous “Jingli” Street (15 minutes waling/ 5 minutes by car), People’s Park, Tianfu Square and the Downtown Center.
You can also have a car arranged for you to take you wherever you want in Chengdu, such as the Pandas (20 minutes away), Global Center (15 minutes away) and Raffles City Mall (10 minutes away).
All in all, whether you are moving to Chengdu, or planning a visit, I would strongly recommend Fraser Suites!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rami A
Dear Rami A,

To read that we have exceeded your expectation really made our day. Thanks for your wonderful review Rami A. Our people are just so happy at work and they will go the extra mile to ensure that your stay is memorable. Our location, as you have pointed out, is so convenient with easy access to many tourists attractions. Our bar, The Terrace, has seen many attractive events recently where our guest and others can enjoy.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to you coming back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

A fantastic hotel situated in the heart of Chengdu. The facilities and rooms are of an excellent standard. However, the crown jewel is the staff. They are highly trained, very welcoming and go the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your stay and make it a memorable experience. The one down side for me is the food on offer which is average (this may be down to personal taste).

I will certainly use the hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin J,
Thanks for your review on your recent stay at Fraser Suites Chengdu. People do make a difference, especially in service. We are so happy to have given you a memorable experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the food offer that is not to your expectation.We will continue to try and meet everyone's expectation. Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin J, thanks again for your wonderful review. We hope to have you back with us real soon.